cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I contact Public Mobile?

Judi654
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have received a sim card.  But when I go to activate the sim card and it is time to make payment the VISA debit card is unable to be processed.  But the bank tells me there has been no attempted transactions.  Now what?

Judi654

21 REPLIES 21

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mary3 wrote:

Hi,

Excuse me, would you please guide me that how can I inactive my cellphone number? In fact I was a student and now I came back to my home country. Unfortunately, I did not know that how can I inactive my cellphone number and the last two months my account charged two times while I did not use from my SIM card. Would you please return me the fee?

Thanks for your attention.

Mary

This is a Prepaid Service. There is nothing to cancel. You pay you have service when you don't pay there is no service. So simply log into your account and remove your Auto Pay Credit/Debit Card. After 90 days of no payment your account will Automatically Delete from the system. 

@Mary3 wrote:

Hi,

Excuse me, would you please guide me that how can I inactive my cellphone number? In fact I was a student and now I came back to my home country. Unfortunately, I did not know that how can I inactive my cellphone number and the last two months my account charged two times while I did not use from my SIM card. Would you please return me the fee?

Mary

@Mary3  If you do not intend on returning to Canada and want to inactivated your account the easiest way is not to pay. That means if you are set up for Auto pay with a card you must remove it from your account. Log in. Go to payments. Scroll to the bottom. You will see manage cards. Click on this. Then choose "remove card". At your next renewal it will suspend. After 90 days the account will be cancelled and your SIM card will be invalid. Unfortunately there are no refunds at pm.

I believe this is possible thru your My Account are you on auto pay? If you turn it off, and remove your credit card, your account will just close in 90 days as @GR says.

Best to start your own thread here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/self_serve

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Mary3  are you asking to cancel your account or do you just need it on hold until you come back to Canada?  I don't think there's any refunds  but I can explain to you how to put it on hold for up to 90 days. If it's over 90 days the account will close and the Sim card will be invalid 

Mary3

Hi,

Mary

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rmkennedy1983 wrote:

Ooops....yes.. apparently u CAN😁

@Rmkennedy1983 additionally, you were attempting to answer a question from 35 months ago.  I'm pretty sure the original post has already resolved their issue one way or another in the 3 years since this thread was last active.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rmkennedy1983

Ooops....yes.. apparently u CAN😁

@Rmkennedy1983 wrote:

U can't contact public mobile. It's online. Self serve. Its community based.

Yes you can. You have to send pm to Moderator_Team.

Rmkennedy1983

U dont. Ask ppl on the public mobile site. Its all self serve

Rmkennedy1983

U can't contact public mobile. It's online. Self serve. Its community based.

srlawren

@Judi654 yes I can understand how that would be frustrating!  I guess until we hear otherwise from Public Mobile, you may need to either use a non-debit credit card in the self-serve system, or unfortunately purchase payment voucher(s). 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Judi654

Yes we did but this is certainly not the way I would want to continue to pay.  We had to drive 20 miles to get one.  Thank you for asking.

cheekyangel_78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes i did. Ut took me awhile before i found it but im up and running again. Thank you.

srlawren

@Judi654 and @cheekyangel_78:  were you able to purchase a payment voucher and get your service activated?

@Kalla_A, I believe that PM should actually consider expanding payment options a bit so that ppl have some variety in how best to pay for their services.

Visa/MC Debs should be one, as Not all can qualify for conventional Credit Cards, and perhaps maybe allowing Certain Prepaids like from Money Mart, so that ppl have the options available.

This I think is critical towards creating a stronger and stable carrier that ppl can trust and depend on

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Kalla_A,

Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated!

Cheers.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Martin and @cheekyangel_78,

Prepaid cards are not accepted by our systems, and we are also experiencing a known issue with VISA Debits. 

The best would be to make a payment with a normal VISA credit card or a MasterCard. Please keep in mind that these need to be Canadian or US cards, with Canadian or US billing addresses. 

@cheekyangel_78 were you able to purchase a payment voucher as @7789849803 suggested?

Cheers,

Kalla

Martin
Legend
Legend
Good morning @Kalla_A,

It's my understanding that prepaid cards are not accepted, but I know of one member who says that's what she routinely uses to make payment.

The OP has stated an inability to pay with a prepaid VISA credit card.

Would you please research the situation of what is acceptable, and then inform the community.

Thanks.

@cheekyangel_78 Please wait upto 24 hours for @Kalla_A to respond to you. Alternatively, you may purchase a payment voucher locally from a nearby vendor. The voucher can be paid for using your prepaid credit card.

Here's a link for you to search for your nearest payment voucher vendors: http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay

cheekyangel_78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello there,

i have the same Problem. i try to pay to reaktived my plan but it says:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

and i try to pay with my Prepaid Visa Credit Card but it wont let me. i need help so i can use my phone again. Please.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Judi654,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble making a payment. 

This is a known issue where our clients are sometimes unable to make a payment with VISA debits. Would you have a regular credit to make a payment?

If not, then you will need to purchase a payment voucher to activate your SIM card. You can find voucher payment locations here.

Cheers,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.