cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: FLASH SALE: 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

IB1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New customer and am very disappointed with your service.

SIM card is not accepted with numbers indicated.

Phone is not working even it was ported in the morning.

There is no service available. Stay away.

6 REPLIES 6

@IB1   as explained above, there seems to be some activation issue lately.   You have opened a ticket with mod yet?  If not yet, open one.  Mod will usually reply within couple hours and they should be able to fix it quick. 

Again, this is how you can open a ticket with mod:

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@IB1 : Can you re-insert your Fido SIM to see if it's still working. Did you confirm the transfer replying to the text?

Can you check your old Fido voicemail?

It seems to me that you're all set up here but that the transfer did not complete.

@IB1 wrote:

I tried few different phones. All incoming calls going to voice box and it is full by now. At the same time if I try to open voice mail box there is nothing there. It is a new phone number for me I got from Fido and now it was ported to Public. I received email that my account was activated. I  am unable to get my 2GB bonus as my SIM card code faulty. Go figure out.

it sounds as if your calls are going to your Fido service. This means that you number hasn't been ported. Pelase re-insert  your Fido SIM card.  Did you reply to a text message from Fido to approve the phone numbe tnrasfer?   If you haven't, that's likely why porting has failed. However, you'll want to get the povisioning issue fixed first before dealing with the number porting.

As for your Public Mobile service not working at all, I don't believe your SIM card is faulty. Have you opened a ticket? Please do so by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

IB1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried few different phones. All incoming calls going to voice box and it is full by now. At the same time if I try to open voice mail box there is nothing there. It is a new phone number for me I got from Fido and now it was ported to Public. I received email that my account was activated. I  am unable to get my 2GB bonus as my SIM card code faulty. Go figure out.

Just updated my software but nothing changed.  Talking about headache.

Thanks for trying.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@IB1 

There has been an issue with the activation system with a higher than normal amount of sim cards not properly provisioned to the new account. The moderators can fix this for you but you must initiate contact for this to be done. Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type in "sim not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Wait times are currently about an hour. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@IB1 : This does seem to have been a bit of a problem lately. Can you try a different browser or use incognito/private mode or clear cache/site cookies.

But then you say it was ported...so you got through activation? Was a payment accepted? Did you leave the old SIM in to confirm the transfer?

Incoming calls will not work until the transfer is complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.