cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Double charged

TerryMTL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up today and was charged one charge of 17.25 and another of 14.95. (I got the 15$ plan for my daughter). Strangely, after I activated, I also got 2 of the exact same emails telling me I was activated.

I really don't want to be charged twice a month for this service and not have anyone to talk to that can fix it. Who solves problems like these?

9 REPLIES 9

TerryMTL

Thanks. Yeah, I submitted one and will update as soon as I get a response. 🙂

Thanks all

TerryMTL

Yes. Both show on my card. For some reason I can't paste what appears in my Public Mobile account because it is in a chart, but they both show there too, along with a $2 credit. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TerryMTL : I wonder if you might have double clicked. I hope you figured out how to muddle through the chatbot to submit a ticket. This does seem like a bit of a mess.

TerryMTL

Yes. They were to the same email. 

Both were titled "your public mobile activation details" and contained the following. 

Hi ,

Welcome to Public Mobile - we're excited to have you join us!

Here are some tips to get you started:

• Write down your 4-digit PIN and keep it in a safe place. You created this PIN when you activated and may need it to make changes to your account.
  • Good things come to those who wait! If you've chosen to transfer your phone number from your previous provider, it may take up to 2 hours to process.

TerryMTL

At home. I bought the sim card on amazon for 10$. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

To be clear, @TerryMTL , those two, separate charges appear on your payment card transactions?

If yes, unless the 'extra' payment is showing under Available Funds on your account (in which case it's there as kind of a 'pre-payment' toward the next cycle), you may wish to wait and see if BOTH payments post to the payment card, or if only one does and the other 'falls off' the pending charges.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TerryMTL 

The peculiar part of this story is the two welcome emails. Were they to the same email address?

The $17.25 @ 15% sounds right. The other $14.95 @ 15% comes to $13. Odd. Was there maybe an immediate plan change and the first one already had the initial autopay credit?

But still...two welcome emails.???

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TerryMTL 

Did you activate in store or at home?  If in store, were you charged for SIM card?  SIM cards are usually $10 + taxes, but some authorized Koodo dealers charge different price for SIM card.

You were charged two different prices.  Maybe check your payment history page in your self service account to see what was charged.  

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TerryMTL wrote:

I just signed up today and was charged one charge of 17.25 and another of 14.95. (I got the 15$ plan for my daughter). Strangely, after I activated, I also got 2 of the exact same emails telling me I was activated.

I really don't want to be charged twice a month for this service and not have anyone to talk to that can fix it. Who solves problems like these?

Can you log into self service and see if the extra charge is in Available Funds. If it is just leave it there and it will be used on the next renewal.

If it is not there and you are being double charged contact a moderator by choosing the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and  following the prompts.

Need Help? Let's chat.