cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Disable Voicemail

Thank you for this!  My problem was blocked calls were going to VM and filling it up, and I felt I had to erase them - so now with your solution, they may still go there, but doesn’t bother me anymore.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is awesome. Now I've changed plans I can direct callers to my line with unlimited calling and not waste minutes calling voicemail on my $15 Plan phone. This will be useful for many people on a limited outgoing call plan. Thanks

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

This is awesome. Now I've changed plans I can direct callers to my line with unlimited calling and not waste minutes calling voicemail on my $15 Plan phone. This will be useful for many people on a limited outgoing call plan. Thanks

You can retrieve voicemails using a different phone.

I do the same thing. My Extended Absence Greeting tells the caller I don't take messages and to call a different phone that only people that know me would know. Then it hangs up. Some day I'll get around to adding a bit about otherwise texting me on the number.

Followed the instruction and worked as expected.

@xp888_liu wrote:

Followed the instruction and worked as expected.

Great. Solves the problem of all the spam calls we get nowadays too.

@Respublica wrote:

@srlawren

Thank you for being such a helpful person in this community. I include in my greeting for my callers to "Please text me at my xxx-xxx-xxxx phone number." This is to let them know that I prefer to receive text rather than a call.

The reason is I usually take the public transport and I do not enjoy taking a call in a crowded bus or train.

Just a personal preference

@Respublica  That was exactly my problem trying to link the voicemail set up map on a crowded bus this afternoon. Just gave up and left a slightly lame search bar solution.

Works like a charm - thanks!