cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Community Technical Issues

baumann93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I joined PM on friday of last week and all was working fine on friday, saturday and sunday. This morning, when I call my pm #, the person answering does not hear anything but I can clearly hear the person... The same happens when I call another # from my pm #. I rebooted the phones but that did not help. What could the issue be and how to fix it? Tia

11 REPLIES 11

baumann93

It looks like my nexus 6 developed a hardware issue. I reinstalled the OS but the problem remainsb the top speaker is not working. Tried with headphones and the sound is working... Will be opening the phone tonight to check if one of the connectors got loose. Thank you.

Thanks for letting us know @baumann93 

Hope you get it sorted out

Are you able to use headphones with mic? 

If it's software issue reset may help

Maybe an issue with the microphone.
Hardware isn't working or software denies permission.

Either way, you might still be able to use the phone for two-way calling if you can use a wired/wireless headset.

baumann93

Thank you. I was able to confirm that this is indeed the phone, not the line issue. I used the sim in another phone and voice was working properly....

I'm guessing bad service area, bad software settings, or partially-complete Number Port.

Try restarting the device. And maybe try removing/reinstalling the SIM card, in fact try the SIM card in another phone to determine whether it works properly.

I'm assuming you went into Settings and set the Network/Carrier/Operator as "automatic" or as "Public Mobile" (and then restarted the phone). 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@baumann93 wrote:

Hi all, I joined PM on friday of last week and all was working fine on friday, saturday and sunday. This morning, when I call my pm #, the person answering does not hear anything but I can clearly hear the person... The same happens when I call another # from my pm #. I rebooted the phones but that did not help. What could the issue be and how to fix it? Tia

@baumann93  What type of device do you have?. This issue is common with some Pixels and older iPhones due to defective boards or weak solder joints.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @baumann93 

What area are you in?

Somebody else had calls dropping the first minute this morning, I'm wandering if there are some network issues today

If you can test your sim in another working phone or try somebody else's sim in your phone it would rule out your device

@baumann93 wrote:

Since this started happening today, was it just for these two phone calls or for all of them?  Although unlikely, it's possible that a hardware issue has suddenly developed with your device.  The mute option could have accidently been activated, but that should have reset after the first call was ended.  I beleive that the most likely culprit would be a temporary network issue.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@baumann93 wrote:

I've had this happen with my phone occasionally but not persistently . Sometimes a few times in a row but clears up on its own. I've always put it down to either phone being in an area with poor signal strength.

@Anonymous wrote:

@baumann93 wrote:

Is your phone maybe on mute?

This was more of a phone or service problem not a community problem but someone moved it so all good.

I moved this into a new thread as this isn't about website issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baumann93 wrote:

Is your phone maybe on mute?

This was more of a phone or service problem not a community problem but someone moved it so all good.

Need Help? Let's chat.