cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot Send Text Messages

Kaylamcgarry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My texting messageing isn't working. I set my own phone up last night through you guys and it lets me make calls and my data works. But texting doesn't work. I can't receive or send text messages and I'm not happy about it at all. 

7 REPLIES 7

These mesaages have been moved to create a separate message thread.

@GR wrote:

@Kaylamcgarry  did you restart the phone and then try again? 

When I restart, I usually shut down, take out the sim for 5 min, reinstall it and start the phone again.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You have added to an old post. For best results, open a new thread with your own issue. You'll get a lot more responses and people will be less likely to get confused with the details.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

@KaylamcgarryFirst check whether iMessages works when you have a wifi connection or not. Also make sure the problem persists with the same SIM card in another phone, to make sure it is not the problem with the phone. Since Public Mobile is the lowest tier of the Telus corporation, it is cheap because it is up to the user to figure out what's wrong.

iPhone works the best if you do it in new setup. But it you don't want to do a backup and rest, try log out and in at your iCloud account under your name in Settings, then turn iMessages off and on again.

@Kaylamcgarry  did you restart the phone and then try again? 

Kaylamcgarry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

iPhone X 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Kaylamcgarry  what kind of phone do you have? 

Need Help? Let's chat.