cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't activate account due to error on verifying credit card

Stoprocks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same issue. Registered one card with my credit card just fine, now it's been rejecting it for my wife's activation (been trying over the last 24 hours). Checked with my bank, no problem on my end. VERY frustrating as I'm trying to use my business credit card to pay for it since it's for a business phone. I REALLY don't want to use a personal credit card for this and I only have the one business card... Not a great start so far

7 REPLIES 7

BCC48

Hello Mary,I posted early last week on same issue. I have two SIM's but could not get activation even on the first SIM.

Please respond thanks, BCC48

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes @srlawren the account is now active for @Stoprocks

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M have you been able to help @Stoprocks?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok, just thought it was worth a shot mentioning.

Hear ya on Bell 😞 , they are still acting like they have the monoply they had 30 years ago. Especially for older people, who are just so used to Bell and don't even consider they have a choice. 

Remember to have them put your number down in the referal section for everyone you bring over! 🙂

Again, good luck, hope it works out soon.

Stoprocks

No, it's a VISA. Very frustrating but once this is figured out, I plan on bringing a LOT of people over. Bell is going to rue the day that they arbitrarily jacked my rates in June. Plus I found out that they were screwing over my parents for the last year and a half. PM could save them almost $1000 over the year...

So hopefully this is a one time only hiccup that won't happen to any of my friends and family. And I'm hoping that when my already activated account renews, my card won't be rejected then...

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Stoprocks;

Is your business cc by any chance an Amex? I ran into the problem last year where it rejected my activation when using Amex, so needed to activate with another cc. Once activated, I was able to change the autopay back to the Amex, and that's been working fine ever since. PM was made aware of the issue, but don't know if they ever fixed it. 

So, if yours is this same Amex issue, you could have 1 cycle on your personal cc and then everything on you business cc. You could even make that 1st cycle a short one (eg 10 days) if that made sense.

Anyway, good luck, and welcome to Public Mobile. I'm sure you will find that once your initial hiccups get straightened out that it is great service provider.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Stoprocks

Thank you for reaching out to us !

I have received your private message and I will respond shortly. I'll also let you know if I need additional information.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.