cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't Activate Sim - Stuck at Choose phone number.

phonezero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - I am having the same problem. I can easily get past the first page where I enter my SIM info, however it wont allow me to select a new number. The page is stuck over there. Not sure if it is specific to my SIM. I have tried firefox, chrome and even IE. 

I wanted to register to get the $40 promotion (for 4GB), which lasts only till tomorrow. Hopefully this issue is resolved before that deal is over. 

Thanks all @Shazia_K@Mary_M

3 REPLIES 3

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @phonezero,

Thank you for the update ! I'm glad to hear that you were able to activate - and I also see that you successfully ported your number 🙂

Welcome to PM!!

Thank you for the suggestions @Luddite 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

phonezero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks That worked!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@phonezero The "tricks" that have helped some are:

- clear browser's cache and turn off popup/ad blocker

- don't use your phone number as the alternate

- if you are porting a number DO NOT do that during activation; select a temporary number. Transfer once you are sure your PM service is functioning properly.

- if you have long name(s) shorten them

If these do not work follow the suggestions in this post:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

If you can't activate today with these suggestions, you should assume it will be a week before Public Mobile is functional.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.