cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Brand Spanking New Client

juanamiit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If only I was so lucky!! I received my SIM card 5 days ago, bought the $43 voucher and a new cell but had nothing but problems ever since 😞  it took my sim number and money, apparently gave me my new cell number and all and as if now I am still unable to get help/my phone doesn’t recognize anything and even I cannot log with my new account email??

4 REPLIES 4

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you say your phone does not recognize anything, I wonder if your phone is unlocked. Phones if not with Telus or Koodo originally will not work on Public Mobile Network . Did you have this phone before or buy it outright from another provider other than the 2 I listed above? If so you need to contact that provider you bought the phone from and ask  for the unlock code. 

As for not being able to access your Public Mobile online account, when you try and log in click on"forgot my password/ username"  or both and follow the links to resolve .You can always contact the moderator. 

Cheers and best of luck. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@juanamiit  To get access to your account you will need to contact a moderator. If you ported your number from another provider then the port likely failed, which will also need a moderator. You can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@juanamiit wrote:

If only I was so lucky!! I received my SIM card 5 days ago, bought the $43 voucher and a new cell but had nothing but problems ever since 😞  it took my sim number and money, apparently gave me my new cell number and all and as if now I am still unable to get help/my phone doesn’t recognize anything and even I cannot log with my new account email??

Did you port your phone number to PM during activation?

If yes, porting a mobile number will take a few hours and porting a landline number will take a week.

Put you SIM card in your phone. 

Do you see "Public Mobile" on the notification bar at the top of your phone?

Can you call out or send a text message?

Which phone are you using?

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

When you signed up did you try checking to see if your phone is compadible with Public Mobile's network?

I heard not all phones will work.

I hope this helps and you are able to get service soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.