cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

Kyithein
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I join public mobile 2 weeks ago and now also still can not get incoming call. My device is unlock phone and before I used FIDO prepaid service. If my old phone number is hard to get for incoming call, I want to get the new phone number.

24 REPLIES 24

Yes  @darlicious  , with the work involved (reactivated Fido prepaid), I agree it is easier to get a new number.  But user original intention was to port, so, I still advise the proper route.  Too bad the OP gone and we are here guessing 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I can give you a touche on that but I think we'd still like to know the clear motivations/interests of the OP. We know you have a hate-on for the Robbers family but people like their familiar phone numbers.

@Anonymous 

Exactly....to send them back to fido next thing you know they'll have a contract and a phone they don't need. Let's get them settled and saving money!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I'm uncertain as to the level of language barrier involved in this thread.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kyithein  wrote:

If my old phone number is hard to get for incoming call, I want to get the new phone number.

@Anonymous @hTideGnow 

Given the chance that reactivation of the account is necessary and if the OP doesn't mind losing the number then why not just take the easiest route?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kyithein 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if so, you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do again Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

but if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kyithein : Right. So the process is to leave the SIM in and wait for the text and reply to it. Then you would put in the new SIM.

So put the Fido SIM back in and call the number somebody gave to you earlier to re-trigger the transfer. You should get the text and you can confirm it. Then put the PM SIM back in after that.

Edit: lol ditto.

@Kyithein wrote:

When I joined PM, I took out Fido SIM card from phone already

You didn't complete the porting process

Part of the process, very important, is to receive a text from your old provider and reply YES.  You need to leave  your Fido SIM in the phone, reply before you put in the PM SIM

You still have the fido sim with you?  No worry. Call the number I sent you , they can re-trigger the process.  But this time, make sure your Fido sim is in the phone, active and able to receive text.

(yes, if it s Fido prepaid and service already expired without renewal, you will need to renew your Fido service for another month to get this text)

@Kyithein 

Unless you really want to keep your phone number it will be faster and cheaper just to pick a new number in your self serve account.

Kyithein

When I joined PM, I took out Fido SIM card from phone already

Kyithein

Now I using PM and before was Fido prepaid. I still use before phone number and now still can not get incoming call. More than 2 weeks already

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kyithein : Oh I think I get it now. You used that number checker I gave you. That's a checker to see if Telus/Koodo/PM can receive the number. So it sounds like that part is fine.

So again...when you activated and went about doing the transfer, did you leave your Fido SIM in your phone to confirm the text to transfer?

Kyithein

I checked my phone number and showed transferred to Koodo but i used Fido

@Kyithein wrote:

I used Fido prepaid

But who was your last provider before coming to PM?    Fido?  Koodo?

and did you reply a text from them to approve the porting into PM?

Anyway, check your private Community inbox , top right envelope icon.  Call them and confirm the porting status

Kyithein

I used Fido prepaid

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kyithein : Then you're asking the wrong place. This is Public Mobile. A Telus related provider.

@Kyithein wrote:

My phone number is transferred to Koodo. My phone is Redmi Note 8 Pro

What you meant?  You are with PM now, right?  where you are porting your number from ? Koodo or Fido?

whichever one you ported from, did you get a text from them and did you reply YES to approve the porting into PM?

Kyithein

Yes, i did

Kyithein

My phone number is transferred to Koodo. My phone is Redmi Note 8 Pro

@Kyithein wrote:

No money left from prepaid service and I didn't get any text message from Fido.

@Kyithein   It sounds like a stuck port.  I can private message you a number to call and confirm the porting status.  PM can retrigger the process.  However, your Fido account must be active.  You talked about no money from from prepaid service.  You are using Fido prepaid?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kyithein : During the transfer process you were supposed to leave the Fido SIM in the phone to confirm the transfer. Did you?

Kyithein

No money left from prepaid service and I didn't get any text message from Fido.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kyithein 

Can you still log into your fido account? Is it active? If so you can request your number to be ported in. If not and you don't want to pay fido for service then you can change your phone number in your self serve account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kyithein : Does your old Fido still work? Did you confirm the transfer from the text from Fido? Can you check with this link to see if the number can be transferred. Can you tell us the make/model/submodel of the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.