cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

landon2014
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in the process of activating my SIM card for Public Mobile, however I am having trouble transferring my phone number. I am being asked to enter a valid Canadian phone number and when I do it keeps asking me he same thing and won't let me go any further...have been trying for days..very frustrating

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent : Looking for work? 🙂 As often happens around here, a customer posts a question, they get a bunch of replies but then we never hear from them for updates or what worked. We can only assume something worked or they found you and they're gone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@landon2014 , While most number can be ported into PM but not all, you might want to check this site to confirm if your number can be ported into PM

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

(this is a Koodo site, but PM and Koodo are both owned by Telus)

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@landon2014  If you mean the number requested as an alternate, try any number, or even blank. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@landon2014 : Would you be willing to post the first 6 digits of your phone number (not the last 4). Some numbers may not be transferable to the Telus family.

davgendron
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@landon2014 

To contact the moderator team:

1. Click Chat Bubble on the lower right corner and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact us"

3. Select "Other"

4. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

5. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account (NOT your self serve). Follow prompts.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@landon2014 

@landon2014 wrote:

I am in the process of activating my SIM card for Public Mobile, however I am having trouble transferring my phone number. I am being asked to enter a valid Canadian phone number and when I do it keeps asking me he same thing and won't let me go any further...have been trying for days..very frustrating

Is the phone number a Koodo prepaid number?  If it is, you will need moderator help to complete port.

If above suggestions don't work, you could activate with a temporary number first.  Then try again later in your self service account.  If still not working, you will need contact moderator to complete port.  

P.S.  I will start your own topic/thread.  

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@landon2014 

Clear your browser and use secret or incognito mode. Chrome or Firefox are the best browsers to use 

Need Help? Let's chat.