cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

robmarkham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am just trying to find out where the SIM card i ordered a month ago is. Don't tell me it's Covid or Canada Post.  i receive deliveries and mail from lots of other vendors every day. I created an account and sent a ticket two weeks ago.  This is the worst customer service ever. Now when I want to send another ticket it says verify account.  I verify account then it tells me "can't verify account." 

I send email it says "can't verify email." Worst system ever!!!!!!!!  I work in customer service.  This is so bad!!   Why not have actual customer serviced reps instead of "moderators" This is so stupid. if the moderators are paid what is the savings????????

Why can't someone just tell me where my card is?????????? I've been at this for two weeks now!!!!!!!!!!!  My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Can a human please email me?!!!!!!!

edited by computergeek541: removed e-mail address and message content as per terms of service of the website

22 REPLIES 22

@robmarkham is everything is resolved?

Click Solved if everything is a OK.

robmarkham

That worked!  Thanks!  Finally!

@robmarkham 

Can you reseat your SIM card and reboot.

robmarkham

no.

@robmarkham wrote:

Yes. and it  is a new phone.  message says "cellular network not available for voice calls"

Can you text?

robmarkham

Yes. and it  is a new phone.  message says "cellular network not available for voice calls"

@robmarkham Service works as soon as you've paid. You can't make calls? Check phone settings. Don't use 2g network setting.

@robmarkham wrote:

Did all that.  I was having lots of problems but someone else suggested closing browser and then trying again. It worked.  T heplan iIpaid for included 100 minutes province-wide.  I can't make or receive calls yet. How long before I can do that? Is there usually a delay before you get full service after paying?

If you are getting a new number it should be right away. If porting a couple of hours to complete. Have you put the sim in and rebooted your phone? Reset network settings on your phone? Is your phone unlocked?

robmarkham

Did all that.  I was having lots of problems but someone else suggested closing browser and then trying again. It worked.  T heplan iIpaid for included 100 minutes province-wide.  I can't make or receive calls yet. How long before I can do that? Is there usually a delay before you get full service after paying?

@robmarkham wrote:

My daughter just informed me that the SIM card arrived this morning. Now I'm trying to activate it and get the message "invalid SIM. the user name is not available. Try a different email address."  That is my email address! Whos am i supposed to use? The moderator said use a random email address and he will change it back to my email address.  i did that and now jsut get a message saying "invalid SIM".  I have checked the number many time and it is entered correctly.  Now it's half an hour and he hasn't responded.

Hi @robmarkham "invalid sim" could mean that your phone is locked to your previous provider.

First and foremost, please activate your sim card here 

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Choose a plan here https://publicmobile.ca/en/ns/plans

Get your credit card ready to pay for your plan.

This is where you enter your email address, which is going to be your username in your self serve account.

You are going to create a password and choose a PIN number for your account.

If activation is successful, Public Mobile will send you a Welcome email with your account details.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

@robmarkham wrote:

Ok, did that.  What now? google says someone tried to sign into my account.  blocked attempt.  why is it blocking me? Because it does not recognize the device which is my new phone that i am trying to activate?

Hi @robmarkham , so you received a invalid sim error; did your credit card get charged?

If so, then when you insert your SIM into your phone do you have any calling/texting/data services available?

If you did not get charged then your activation was not completed.

If the SIM is locked from the last attempt, wait 50 minutes, clear your browser's cache, open a tab in incognito mode then try the activation process again: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Did you mention before about being in contact with a Moderator?? I was a bit confused about that, was that in reference to your SIM card not arriving?

And, why is Google involved?

@robmarkham  try closing off PM and restart your PM account. Make sure you are not in incognito.

robmarkham

Ok, did that.  What now? google says someone tried to sign into my account.  blocked attempt.  why is it blocking me? Because it does not recognize the device which is my new phone that i am trying to activate?

@robmarkham wrote:

My daughter just informed me that the SIM card arrived this morning. Now I'm trying to activate it and get the message "invalid SIM. the user name is not available. Try a different email address."  That is my email address! Whos am i supposed to use? The moderator said use a random email address and he will change it back to my email address.  i did that and now jsut get a message saying "invalid SIM".  I have checked the number many time and it is entered correctly.  Now it's half an hour and he hasn't responded.

YEAH - glad it arrived!

So if you insert the SIM, do you have any services?

Remember to insert and then REBOOT your phone.

robmarkham

No doubt, @BKNS27 , it's the best place to buy them.

We, and others within extended family, got no fewer than 8 of them for an average price of $2 each.

Plus, NO SHIPPING or minimum order requirement.  It really was a fantastic purchase.

.. for Amazon Prime Member, they have it for $8.99 for Prime 2 days delivery.. not the cheapest but still cheaper than getting directly from PM with more reasonable delivery time. 🙂

Got my SIM from Canadian Cell Supplies for $1.89 during the Black Friday Sale.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham wrote:

i am just trying to find out where the SIM card i ordered a month ago is. Don't tell me it's Covid or Canada Post.  i receive deliveries and mail from lots of other vendors every day. I created an account and sent a ticket two weeks ago.  This is the worst customer service ever. Now when I want to send another ticket it says verify account.  I verify account then it tells me "can't verify account." 

I send email it says "can't verify email." Worst system ever!!!!!!!!  I work in customer service.  This is so bad!!   Why not have actual customer serviced reps instead of "moderators" This is so stupid. if the moderators are paid what is the savings????????

Why can't someone just tell me where my card is?????????? I've been at this for two weeks now!!!!!!!!!!!  My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Can a human please email me?!!!!!!!

edited by computergeek541: removed e-mail address and message content as per terms of service of the website

Hi @robmarkham I understand your frustration.  I wish I could tell new customers not to order sim cards from Public Mobile.  Customers are better off ordering Public Mobile sim cards elsewhere.

For example:

Canadian Cell Supplies - Public Mobile sim cards are on sale at $4.99.  

and if you activate with them, your sim card is FREE.   

Walmart - check out your local Walmart.  Some stores will give you a FREE sim card if you activate with them.

You asked:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why can't someone just tell me where my card is?????????? I've been at this for two weeks now!!!!!!!!!!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why?  because nobody knows, not even Public Mobile.  Two weeks is not bad.. I waited about two weeks for my sim card to arrive and that was before covid-19.

Welcome to Public Mobile....... maybe?

RosieR

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @robmarkham ,

The Community Forum/Account you posted your question/comment on is not considered your Public Mobile account, that is separate, and called your SELF SERVE account.

Your SELF SERVE account can only be created when you activate a SIM card.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

In addition, it sounds like you ordered a Public Mobile SIM card to be shipped to you from the Public Mobile website; again, that is separate and not connected to your Community Forum/Account OR your SELF SERVE account.

You can only use the SIMon chat ticketing service once you activate a SIM/account and create a  SELF SERVE account.

Are you staying with me here.... 😃

If you ordered a SIM through Public Mobile a month ago, that is a long time. But things get lost in the mail too, so that could have happened.

As @computergeek541 contact the PM Moderators using the link he provided, and explain your current situation.

Check out retailers near you, where you can pick up a SIM: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Keep the one that Public Mobile owes you as a spare. It may come in handy one day...lost your phone or refer a friend!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@robmarkham  lately, people has been confirming that it takes 3 weeks for the SIM card to come

if you need one urgently, try going to a Walmart store for activation, some Walmart stores will give the SIM for free and assist activation as well.

Yes, for Customer service rep vs Moderator, this is PM's way of cutting the cost down. Actually I see some other provider are using similar way, the only difference is that they have a pay-per-enquiry system should you want to talk to a live person.  Yes, we don't have such option here even you don't mind to pay  😞

@robmarkham wrote:

Sorry, but there isn't any customer service provided by e-mail or over the phone. I fully realize that you want your SIM card to arrive quickly, but I can say easily that Canada Post is extremely backlogged. I've been receiving shipments that are supposed to take 5 business days take double that. Recently, I received a package that was suppsoed to arrive in 1 business days arrive only after a week. These aren't isolated incidents. The shipping company delays are real. Please send a private message to the moderators using the following link:  Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.