cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robmarkham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

Ok, did that.  What now? google says someone tried to sign into my account.  blocked attempt.  why is it blocking me? Because it does not recognize the device which is my new phone that i am trying to activate?

BKNS27
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@robmarkham  try closing off PM and restart your PM account. Make sure you are not in incognito.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham wrote:

Ok, did that.  What now? google says someone tried to sign into my account.  blocked attempt.  why is it blocking me? Because it does not recognize the device which is my new phone that i am trying to activate?

Hi @robmarkham , so you received a invalid sim error; did your credit card get charged?

If so, then when you insert your SIM into your phone do you have any calling/texting/data services available?

If you did not get charged then your activation was not completed.

If the SIM is locked from the last attempt, wait 50 minutes, clear your browser's cache, open a tab in incognito mode then try the activation process again: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Did you mention before about being in contact with a Moderator?? I was a bit confused about that, was that in reference to your SIM card not arriving?

And, why is Google involved?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham wrote:

My daughter just informed me that the SIM card arrived this morning. Now I'm trying to activate it and get the message "invalid SIM. the user name is not available. Try a different email address."  That is my email address! Whos am i supposed to use? The moderator said use a random email address and he will change it back to my email address.  i did that and now jsut get a message saying "invalid SIM".  I have checked the number many time and it is entered correctly.  Now it's half an hour and he hasn't responded.

Hi @robmarkham "invalid sim" could mean that your phone is locked to your previous provider.

First and foremost, please activate your sim card here 

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Choose a plan here https://publicmobile.ca/en/ns/plans

Get your credit card ready to pay for your plan.

This is where you enter your email address, which is going to be your username in your self serve account.

You are going to create a password and choose a PIN number for your account.

If activation is successful, Public Mobile will send you a Welcome email with your account details.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

robmarkham

Did all that.  I was having lots of problems but someone else suggested closing browser and then trying again. It worked.  T heplan iIpaid for included 100 minutes province-wide.  I can't make or receive calls yet. How long before I can do that? Is there usually a delay before you get full service after paying?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham wrote:

Did all that.  I was having lots of problems but someone else suggested closing browser and then trying again. It worked.  T heplan iIpaid for included 100 minutes province-wide.  I can't make or receive calls yet. How long before I can do that? Is there usually a delay before you get full service after paying?

If you are getting a new number it should be right away. If porting a couple of hours to complete. Have you put the sim in and rebooted your phone? Reset network settings on your phone? Is your phone unlocked?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham Service works as soon as you've paid. You can't make calls? Check phone settings. Don't use 2g network setting.

robmarkham

Yes. and it  is a new phone.  message says "cellular network not available for voice calls"

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham wrote:

Yes. and it  is a new phone.  message says "cellular network not available for voice calls"

Can you text?

robmarkham

no.

Need Help? Let's chat.