cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robmarkham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

i am just trying to find out where the SIM card i ordered a month ago is. Don't tell me it's Covid or Canada Post.  i receive deliveries and mail from lots of other vendors every day. I created an account and sent a ticket two weeks ago.  This is the worst customer service ever. Now when I want to send another ticket it says verify account.  I verify account then it tells me "can't verify account." 

I send email it says "can't verify email." Worst system ever!!!!!!!!  I work in customer service.  This is so bad!!   Why not have actual customer serviced reps instead of "moderators" This is so stupid. if the moderators are paid what is the savings????????

Why can't someone just tell me where my card is?????????? I've been at this for two weeks now!!!!!!!!!!!  My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Can a human please email me?!!!!!!!

edited by computergeek541: removed e-mail address and message content as per terms of service of the website

Accepted Solutions
JK8
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham 

Can you reseat your SIM card and reboot.

View solution in original post

All Replies

@robmarkham wrote:

i am just trying to find out where the SIM card i ordered a month ago is. Don't tell me it's Covid or Canada Post.  i receive deliveries and mail from lots of other vendors every day. I created an account and sent a ticket two weeks ago.  This is the worst customer service ever. Now when I want to send another ticket it says verify account.  I verify account then it tells me "can't verify account." 

I send email it says "can't verify email." Worst system ever!!!!!!!!  I work in customer service.  This is so bad!!   Why not have actual customer serviced reps instead of "moderators" This is so stupid. if the moderators are paid what is the savings????????

Why can't someone just tell me where my card is?????????? I've been at this for two weeks now!!!!!!!!!!!  My email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Can a human please email me?!!!!!!!

Sorry, but there isn't any customer service provided by e-mail or over the phone. I fully realize that you want your SIM card to arrive quickly, but I can say easily that Canada Post is extremely backlogged. I've been receiving shipments that are supposed to take 5 business days take double that. Recently, I received a package that was suppsoed to arrive in 1 business days arrive only after a week. These aren't isolated incidents. The shipping company delays are real. Please send a private message to the moderators using the following link:  Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

softech
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham  lately, people has been confirming that it takes 3 weeks for the SIM card to come

if you need one urgently, try going to a Walmart store for activation, some Walmart stores will give the SIM for free and assist activation as well.

Yes, for Customer service rep vs Moderator, this is PM's way of cutting the cost down. Actually I see some other provider are using similar way, the only difference is that they have a pay-per-enquiry system should you want to talk to a live person.  Yes, we don't have such option here even you don't mind to pay  😞

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @robmarkham ,

The Community Forum/Account you posted your question/comment on is not considered your Public Mobile account, that is separate, and called your SELF SERVE account.

Your SELF SERVE account can only be created when you activate a SIM card.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

In addition, it sounds like you ordered a Public Mobile SIM card to be shipped to you from the Public Mobile website; again, that is separate and not connected to your Community Forum/Account OR your SELF SERVE account.

You can only use the SIMon chat ticketing service once you activate a SIM/account and create a  SELF SERVE account.

Are you staying with me here.... 😃

If you ordered a SIM through Public Mobile a month ago, that is a long time. But things get lost in the mail too, so that could have happened.

As @computergeek541 contact the PM Moderators using the link he provided, and explain your current situation.

Check out retailers near you, where you can pick up a SIM: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Keep the one that Public Mobile owes you as a spare. It may come in handy one day...lost your phone or refer a friend!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham wrote:

edited by computergeek541: removed e-mail address and message content as per terms of service of the website

Hi @robmarkham I understand your frustration.  I wish I could tell new customers not to order sim cards from Public Mobile.  Customers are better off ordering Public Mobile sim cards elsewhere.

For example:

Canadian Cell Supplies - Public Mobile sim cards are on sale at $4.99.  

and if you activate with them, your sim card is FREE.   

Walmart - check out your local Walmart.  Some stores will give you a FREE sim card if you activate with them.

You asked:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why can't someone just tell me where my card is?????????? I've been at this for two weeks now!!!!!!!!!!!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why?  because nobody knows, not even Public Mobile.  Two weeks is not bad.. I waited about two weeks for my sim card to arrive and that was before covid-19.

Welcome to Public Mobile....... maybe?

RosieR

BKNS27
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Got my SIM from Canadian Cell Supplies for $1.89 during the Black Friday Sale.

softech
Mayor / Maire

.. for Amazon Prime Member, they have it for $8.99 for Prime 2 days delivery.. not the cheapest but still cheaper than getting directly from PM with more reasonable delivery time. 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

No doubt, @BKNS27 , it's the best place to buy them.

We, and others within extended family, got no fewer than 8 of them for an average price of $2 each.

Plus, NO SHIPPING or minimum order requirement.  It really was a fantastic purchase.

robmarkham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughter just informed me that the SIM card arrived this morning. Now I'm trying to activate it and get the message "invalid SIM. the user name is not available. Try a different email address."  That is my email address! Whos am i supposed to use? The moderator said use a random email address and he will change it back to my email address.  i did that and now jsut get a message saying "invalid SIM".  I have checked the number many time and it is entered correctly.  Now it's half an hour and he hasn't responded.

Tags (1)
esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@robmarkham wrote:

My daughter just informed me that the SIM card arrived this morning. Now I'm trying to activate it and get the message "invalid SIM. the user name is not available. Try a different email address."  That is my email address! Whos am i supposed to use? The moderator said use a random email address and he will change it back to my email address.  i did that and now jsut get a message saying "invalid SIM".  I have checked the number many time and it is entered correctly.  Now it's half an hour and he hasn't responded.

YEAH - glad it arrived!

So if you insert the SIM, do you have any services?

Remember to insert and then REBOOT your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.