cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

brownie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My activation hasn't succeeded, I have had no confirmation text from my current provider after three hours. I have tried the bot but the link to the ticket creation fails every time. I have tried different computers, browsers and erased cookies.

I sent a PM 30 minutes ago, how long does it take to get a reply?

6 REPLIES 6

brownie

All good now, thanks to all.

@brownie 

Was your credit card charged with first activation?  

If not charged, then you can retry.  Might need to clear cache, incognito mode or a different web browser.  

@brownie wrote:

I called the port team number but they tell me the Public SIM has not activated.

I tried the Activate process again, but the email address is refused as I have already registered and set up the account. How do I activate the SIM, and is there a way to know why it failed the first time? Thx.

@brownie Get live help with your activation.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.54.13 PM 4.png

brownie

I called the port team number but they tell me the Public SIM has not activated.

I tried the Activate process again, but the email address is refused as I have already registered and set up the account. How do I activate the SIM, and is there a way to know why it failed the first time? Thx.

@brownie wrote:

My activation hasn't succeeded, I have had no confirmation text from my current provider after three hours. I have tried the bot but the link to the ticket creation fails every time. I have tried different computers, browsers and erased cookies.

I could be a few days before a moderator replies to you. When you say activation failed, is your Public Mobile service working at all? Was there any errror message during the activation process, or do you just mean that number porting hasn't completed?

When it comes to number porting, your old carrier's SIM card must still be in the phone to receive that text message for you to reply to for number porting authorization.   Please give the Telus porting team a call at ***

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@brownie wrote:

@brownie Call the port team at ***and have them fix the port. You can continue using your old sim until it stops working. Then insert your PM sim and you should be good to go.

Here is a link to a Public Mobile page on porting that may be useful:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.