cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

binisha19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,
I received a SIM CARD in the mail today that my husband had originally ordered under his email, but now I want to use to come over to PUBLIC mobile I get an INVALID SIM error.
I do not have any account with PUBLC Mobile yet but appears have an old community login associated with my primary email- @gmail.com.

3 REPLIES 3

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If the SIM card just arrived in the mail, then here are some other troubleshooting ideas:

• Check that your phone is unlocked. If it is still locked to your previous provider, you will need to contact them to unlock it
  • Make sure your phone is compatible with our network.
  • Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@binisha19 

Was the SIM card ever used with a prior Public Mobile account?  Did your husband even possibly begin the activation process at some time in the recent past and get a Public Mobile account number assigned to the SIM?

If so, it cannot be re-used for another account.  In which case, you'll need a new SIM card for your activation.

If it's still attached to an account he may have created in his name, you may be able to use his e-mail address to activate if the account isn't too stale-dated.   That's worth a shot... then after all is said and done, you can request moderators to update e-mail address to yours.

Then you can change your Community e-mail yourself to match your current e-mail address which will eventually be linked to your PM account.

@binisha19 wrote:

I received a SIM CARD in the mail today that my husband had originally ordered under his email, but now I want to use to come over to PUBLIC mobile I get an INVALID SIM error.
I do not have any account with PUBLC Mobile yet but appears have an old community login associated with my primary email- @gmail.com.

Community usernames/logins are unrelated to service activation.  If you're receiving an invalid SIM card message, this means that the number is incorrect or that the SIM card number has been used before. Was this SIM card ordered direclty from Public Mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.