cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Activating your SIM card

Alex28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m trying to set up 2 accounts. I have used 3 different browsers. Using a separate browser worked setting one up but the second one I still get error code 821. They’re coming from Koodo and keeping same #. I don’t know why this keeps messing up. 

14 REPLIES 14

@Alex28 wrote:

Yes thanks for all of your help, much much appreciated. I followed the link to get a ticket issued. It isn't a prepaid account but a regular Koodo one. 

Hopefully that will work! 

@Alex28 good to know you already submitted a ticket to the moderators.  The procedure for porting numbers from Koodo is the same now for both post-paid and prepaid accounts.

Please keep us posted.  Thanks in advance

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

@Alex28  Let's get it will get sort out soon.  

I believe you will still need to receive a TEXT and reply YES to confirm you are leaving Koodo.  Make sure you still have the Koodo sim on a phone so you can receive and reply YES.

Alex28

Yes thanks for all of your help, much much appreciated. I followed the link to get a ticket issued. It isn't a prepaid account but a regular Koodo one. 

Hopefully that will work! 

sweeneysblade

As Rosie suggests, I suspect that it's an issue with transferring a number from Koodo. I had a similar problem yesterday.

I also want to commend Rosie for the ingenious suggestion of using your referral code from the first account on the second account.

If you're still struggling with the activation, set up a ticket with the Moderators here and they will be able to help with your specific situation - it sounds like one that's a bit bigger than an FAQ can handle.  And the Moderators are quick to reply!

@Alex28 wrote:

the Koodo SIM card doesn't work and neither does the Public. I took the Koodo out after it said it was disabled. Like, the public makes calls as restricted #, can't receive texts. iPhone can't verify the # in iMessages. How long is it this normal to take? 

@Alex28 did you follow the procedures below?

Transferring A Number From TELUS, Koodo Or PC Mobile?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier (see instructions above).If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

If you did and have already contacted the moderators to port your number, expect a reply from the moderators within 2 to 48 hours.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon for the moderator's reply.

RosieR

Alex28

Yes, we've powered it down 147 times and counting. 

Alex28

I called the # and it says: This phone is not equipped for service

@Alex28 
Did you try powering down the phone then boot it back up again.

Sometimes this helps.

Alex28

the Koodo SIM card doesn't work and neither does the Public. I took the Koodo out after it said it was disabled. Like, the public makes calls as restricted #, can't receive texts. iPhone can't verify the # in iMessages. How long is it this normal to take? 

@Alex28 wrote:

OK thanks Ill try using a different CC for the second #. 

also, the first phone isn working yet. it can make calls as a restricted # but can't receive texts. From Koodo we had a text that asked if we wanted to switch our # and we replied yes. Its been about an hour, not sure why its still not working properly 

Hi @Alex28 that is normal.  the last thing to enable in porting is receiving calls and text.  Please continue using the Koodo sim card until it stops working... that means porting is complete and you can insert your Public Mobile sim card.

Use the Referral Code from the first account to receive Refer A Friend reward which is a one-time bonus $10 credit to the second account and $1 reward every 30-day cycle to the first account as long as the second account remains active.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

Alex28

OK thanks Ill try using a different CC for the second #. 

also, the first phone isn working yet. it can make calls as a restricted # but can't receive texts. From Koodo we had a text that asked if we wanted to switch our # and we replied yes. Its been about an hour, not sure why its still not working properly 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Alex28

If duplication of the email address is not the issue, are you using the same payment card to set up auto pay for both accounts?

If so, perhaps the system thinks there's some payment fraud going on. Try waiting at least one full hour before you begin the second activation, and before doing, so clear cache and cookies from the computer browser you are using and/ or use a completely different browser in incognito mode.

Alternatively, you could try to associate a different payment card to pay for the second account to set it up, and then a few days later change the payment card to the preferred payment card you wish to use.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

One more thing, are you using a second email address for the second activation?  In PM, one email can only tie with one phone line.

If you want to manage it easier, you can try the trick of using alias.   With Gmail, if your email address is abcdef@gmail.com, you can setup on PM using abcd.ef@gmail.com   To PM, its a different email address, but in Gmail, it's the same inbox

@Alex28 wrote:

I’m trying to set up 2 accounts. I have used 3 different browsers. Using a separate browser worked setting one up but the second one I still get error code 821. They’re coming from Koodo and keeping same #. I don’t know why this keeps messing up. 

Is either number coming from a prepaid Koodo account?  If so, you'll need to first activate with a new phone number.  After that is all done, please proceed to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and type "port request".

Need Help? Let's chat.