cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Re: Activating your SIM card

@Alex28 wrote:

the Koodo SIM card doesn't work and neither does the Public. I took the Koodo out after it said it was disabled. Like, the public makes calls as restricted #, can't receive texts. iPhone can't verify the # in iMessages. How long is it this normal to take? 

@Alex28 did you follow the procedures below?

Transferring A Number From TELUS, Koodo Or PC Mobile?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier (see instructions above).If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

If you did and have already contacted the moderators to port your number, expect a reply from the moderators within 2 to 48 hours.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon for the moderator's reply.

RosieR

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alex28   You perhaps need to phone Telus' porting number here: 1-844-232-7678 or submit a ticket to moderators via chatbot and follow prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Edit:  link already provided in computergeek's post

sweeneysblade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As Rosie suggests, I suspect that it's an issue with transferring a number from Koodo. I had a similar problem yesterday.

I also want to commend Rosie for the ingenious suggestion of using your referral code from the first account on the second account.

If you're still struggling with the activation, set up a ticket with the Moderators here and they will be able to help with your specific situation - it sounds like one that's a bit bigger than an FAQ can handle.  And the Moderators are quick to reply!

Alex28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes thanks for all of your help, much much appreciated. I followed the link to get a ticket issued. It isn't a prepaid account but a regular Koodo one. 

Hopefully that will work! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Alex28  Let's get it will get sort out soon.  

I believe you will still need to receive a TEXT and reply YES to confirm you are leaving Koodo.  Make sure you still have the Koodo sim on a phone so you can receive and reply YES.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Alex28 wrote:

Yes thanks for all of your help, much much appreciated. I followed the link to get a ticket issued. It isn't a prepaid account but a regular Koodo one. 

Hopefully that will work! 

@Alex28 good to know you already submitted a ticket to the moderators.  The procedure for porting numbers from Koodo is the same now for both post-paid and prepaid accounts.

Please keep us posted.  Thanks in advance

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

Need Help? Let's chat.