cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Activating Sim Card Issue

Okar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi i bought a new sim some days ago, activated, choose a plan, sim keeps saying "unregistered sim" and when i try to make a call it says not registered on the network.

4 REPLIES 4

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Okar hi, contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Okar 

I would make sure the phone is compatible with this network first and that the phone’s unlocked. You can contact your old carrier to have them unlock it for you. The link below will allow you to see if the phone works on this network.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

I would first try powering down your device and removing the sim card and, if possible, the battery. Wait a minute and then reinstall the sim and battery. Restart your device.
If it’s still not working, navigate to your settings and mobile network settings. Be sure that network selection is set to automatic.

If the unregistered SIM message continues, the SIM card may be faulty, and you’ll have to get another one either online or in-store.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Okar ,

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Is your phone perhaps locked by the previous provider? You can call them to unlock it, at no charge.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Okar Unregistered sim means not activated properly. Click on the chat question mark symbol to open a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.