cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Activate a SIM card

spoitevienm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a grandfathered plan on my phone but didn't renew it for like 5 months. When I wanted to add funds to it, it said that I wasn't registered on network. So I did a little bit of research a found that after 90 days without service a SIM card is desactivated and that I can reactivate it but with a new phone number.

So I went on the 'Activate you SIM card' part of the site, entered my SIM number and filled the form but it says that my SIM number is invalid.

So I would like to know how can I reacrivate it please?

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mervman yeah this is exactly the response we epxected you would get.  Thanks for confirming.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mervman

2nd reply from a supervisor...

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. 

After checking your account,  I can see that it has already been deactivated due to inactivity for more than 90 days and no payment has been made for more than 90 days as well. As my colleague has explained to you before, according to the service terms, when an account remains inactive for 90 days, it is automatically deactivated without possibility of reactivating it. 

I understand that you may already have a SIM Card but that SIM Card has been deactivated since October 8th since you have not  made any payment for more than 90 days. I am afraid that if you would like to get a new phone#, you will need to purchase another SIM Card and activate a brand new account as this SIM Card has become obsolete. I am really sorry about that. 

You may finds SIM Card at Walmart or WOW boutique or order it online from our website (it will just take 3-7 business days to be shipped to you). Please be aware that the SIM Card costs $10 and this fee is non-refundable. 

I sincerely hope that everything is clear enough for you and that you are comfortable with the provided information. 

Thanks again for your interest in Public Mobile; have yourself a nice day! 

Regards, 

Noella 

Mervman

Hello I am sorry to say this but there is no chance of getting the sim re activated. I went through the same issue not long ago.... Here is the 2 responses I was given regarding this .. I hope it helps. we helps to clearify anyway,,sorry

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile.

1st reply from a mod.. 

I am sorry to learn that you have experienced issues paying with your voucher and I completely understand how important it is to be able to remain connected at all times but you definitely came to the right place to get assistance!

That being said, after having verified in our systems, I can confirm that unfortunately your account linked to phone number __+________ has been deactivated on .............. due to inactivity for more than 90 days, causing the loss of the phone number and I sincerely apologize for it.

I still tried to fight this wi

Mervman

Hello I am sorry t

wrote:

Thanks but unfortunately I'm a long way from you, I'm in Montreal.

Who am I suppose to tag to get a Mod's help?

Although you won't be able to get your old plan back, you can activate a new one.

Sim cards can be purcahsed online for $10+sales tax.

https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

spoitevienm

Thanks but unfortunately I'm a long way from you, I'm in Montreal.

Who am I suppose to tag to get a Mod's help?

@spoitevienm, help you what activate an expired SIM?  I don't even think a MOD can do that.  I really do think you need a new one.  Where are you located?  If you are close to me I would get you one (I have some spares) I am in Victoria BC

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you can try, but I wouldn't hold my breathe.

spoitevienm

Do you think that a Mod could help me because I already purchased a payment voucher and I don't want to lose it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@spoitevienm, on top of the SIM being expired you will have lost access to the plan you had and will have to find an in market plan that you like as well your phone number is no longer associated to your account and you will have to pick a new one.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, you cannot reactivate an expired SIM card.  You will need to purchase a new one, and start over with a new plan.

This is how Public Mobile works.  I don't agree with the process, but it's one sim card, one account.  Once account is expired, it's deactivated, and the sim card is also.

You can quickly get a new sim card by visiting most Walmart's, K-Mobile, or WOW Mobile locations, or order a card online from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.