cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re 6uc2 the number you have reached is not in service

Ziggy4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m trying to get my phone to work . I’m switching provider and keeping my number sent ticket

yesterday still no sevice

13 REPLIES 13

@Ziggy4 

You need to contact the moderators as your sim card did not activate properly and will need to be reprovisioned. If the moderator does this and you still cannot use your services then you probably got a dud sim card. If that is the case purchase a new sim card from a different retailer if possible and save your reciept. Contact the moderators again to swap the sim card in your account and ask for a credit equal to the cost of your replacement sim card.

Ziggy4

I have activated my account everything is shown as I’m a member 

Telus says my card is not active maybe there is a problem with SIM card?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ziggy4 wrote:

Thank you for your help although still not successful.I was informed that SIM card is not activated 

appreciated your help

@Ziggy4    So you haven't activated your PM account yet?  Then you can do that now, here's a link to activation:  https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Unless there's some issue with your SIM card? 

Ziggy4

Thank you for your help although still not successful.I was informed that SIM card is not activated 

appreciated your help

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ziggy4 wrote:

Yes I did but I missed the response time . Telus didn’t cancel my account ,I then sent a ticket

and did say yes when Telus sent the same message they then cancelled there service and I think ported number to public mobility since then I have this response on phone and no service

@Ziggy4    Have you tried calling the Telus Porting Dept. number?  I can private message you the number as it's only to be used for porting issues.  Please check your message box (envelope icon) top right of screen for the number.

Ziggy4

Yes I did but I missed the response time . Telus didn’t cancel my account ,I then sent a ticket

and did say yes when Telus sent the same message they then cancelled there service and I think ported number to public mobility since then I have this response on phone and no service

Bronniep
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you receive a text when you set up your activation confirming that you wanted to let your provider to move over to public mobile? I would suggest putting in your old sim card and checking your text messages to see if you got anything that you need to respond to. I got texts confirming that I wanted to leave Telus that I had to respond to first prior to activation and porting my number working.

Ziggy4

I am new to public Mobile my account is active but have not been able to use data text or phone 

no service yet old carrier suspended service and new carrier has not ported number like 

I’m in limbo getting frustrated may have to return to previous carrier

@Ziggy4 

Are you a new customer?  Just ported your number from another company?  If ported, does your old carrier SIM card still work?

If old customer, was everything working before this recent incident.  

Do you have access to self service account?  Is account status active or suspended?  

Maybe try the SIM card in another working phone.  That would help determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM service problem.  

Ziggy4

I have no data cant sen text or call out or get calls

i have tried all things suggested still no luck

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ziggy4 wrote:

I’m trying to get my phone to work . I’m switching provider and keeping my number sent ticket

@Ziggy4 can you make out going calls, texts working, data?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Check to see if you have a compatible phone:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

https://willmyphonework.net

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Ziggy4

When ever someone calls they get this responce

@Ziggy4 wrote:

Are other people hearing that when trying to reach you, or are you hearing that when trying to call other people?

If you're attempting to make an outgoing call, try dialing a 1 before the area code.

Need Help? Let's chat.