cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rant post: Porting from Koodo to PM went wrong

RC311
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So here is my story. Went to get my PM sim card at Walmart yesterday at 10am and the rep offered to port in my Koodo postpaid number so that I don't have to pay for the SIM card. 

I thought the whole process would take 5 seconds or so to port as it is from the Telus family. What happened was during the activation process, the PM activation system had a 404 file not found on the system. The rep redo the process and had to call the backend Telus people to manually activate it, with the Telus people promising that the number will be ported over. 

4 hours later at 2pm, it was not ported over and I went back to the Walmart store to ask the rep to get an update. Walmart rep called Telus to see what was going on, and confirmed with me that Koodo passed on the number to PM, and PM did get the number but was probably not attached to the right profile (because of the manual activation process).

Now that I was given this update, I was told to wait 24-72 hours for it to be fixed. I have a temp number to use right now and will be missing a lot of business calls for tomorrow as I am self-employed. 

This experience so far has been a nightmare. What can I do really? 

I messaged the mods yesterday at noontime and no response yet...

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There have been a number of reports this weekend concerning slow response to private messages.  I wonder if there's some issue affecting the moderator team this weekend.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RC311 just in case you need an invoice the instructions can be found in the following link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Invoice-Request/m-p/174070#M52476

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sorry to hear. Porting usually is less painful. 

If you use your phone for business purposes I would highly recommend choosing a different provider with 24/7 tech support via call centre, tho. This is a budget brand and the trade off is that support is limited to via this forum and only limited hours from the moderators who can help with the back end account issues. If you can’t afford to wait for a future problem to be solved this way then I’d pay a little more elsewhere. Preferably for a business line that offers better guarantees of service for business use. Just my two cents from people in similar situations getting upset that they’re losing money because their phone is down. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The different email only applies to koodo prepaid.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Not sure if this is the case here but as general advice .... use a different email for the two accounts.

When I was with Koodo what I did was change my email on my account to a 2nd email... then port to PM ... using my 1st email as my new PM account email.

Need Help? Let's chat.