cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rant/Discussion. Still No Boxing Day Promo Data

ra1ne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I activated a $25 plan two weeks (ten business days/14 total days) ago during the Boxing Day promo period.

Does it really take WEEKS to receive the free 5gb?

I’ve seen people say the average is eight day. NOPE.

I’ve seen someone say they received it at day 12. NOPE.

At this point I’m going to believe that I will get it at day 30. And at which point, I probably will not renew my plan. 

Please delete or move if this is inappropriate.

Sincerely,

Ran-Out-of-Monthly-One-GB-on-Week-One

8 REPLIES 8

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Excellent point!  I signed up 31 days ago and did receive my 2nd month credit before my renewal, but I still haven't received the 5GB add on.  I thought that was weird since many on this forum have posted they received theirs in 8 days/10 days whatever and I've also seen "if not received by day 25 to contact the moderators to get it manually added".  I did contact the Moderator via private message last week on day 26 and they told me it will be applied in the next billing cycle (which is now) so I think there is confusion and expectations to how quickly the bonus should be received.  Officially as per the Moderator who emailed me (in less than 1 hour of my question I must say), the bonus is added in the next cycle after 30 days, not before.    

Sort of like many of the Covid arguments I see from people. The numbers going crazy so more rules are put in place but the minute the numbers level and/or drop a little someone is on TV arguing that everything should be opened up again!

Officially from Public Mobile it is 30 days to get the bonus. You signed up under that understanding. But along comes someone who says they saw theirs in 8 days and someone else who heard that someone got theirs in 12 days and you “like the sound of that better”. So with that you have abandoned the official statements and are prepared to leave Public Mobile because what someone else said suits you better.  

If you look around a bit further on the community you will find some that DIDN’T receive their bonus data or their second month credit until just AFTER their first renewal. But they brushed it off and carried on.

AE_Collector

@ra1ne 

If you ran out of data within one week you probably should have chosen a larger data plan like $40/5gb plan but thats neither here or there at this point.

The official terms state within 30 days but there has a regular schedule of sorts of the data being added on day 8 or 9 and the 30 day credit is added 5 business days after the deadline to activate passes.

However with the extention of this promotion if you activated past your email date your account probably gets missed from automatic application of the promotions. If they are not applied by day 25 of your plan cycle you should contact the moderators then and ask them to add it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ra1ne 

Just to also confirm - you did pre-register the email address for the promotion during the eligibility period, and then activated using the same email that you had registered for the promotion, correct?

If so, you're good to go!!!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No rant required.

Rules are clear if you qualified. Meaning entering email into a promotion link before activation with same email you entered in the promo link. Then signing up on an eligible plan.

Below are the rules that displayed on the website.

Screenshot_20210118_211743.jpg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ra1ne 

I know it's frustrating hearing that the 5 GB bonus has be given out anywhere from 8 to 30 days.

The Boxing Day deal also provides the "second month free" (for the first renewal), so my recommendation would be to at least take advantage of that, before considering your next move.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ra1ne wrote:

Hi,

I activated a $25 plan two weeks (ten business days/14 total days) ago during the Boxing Day promo period.

Does it really take WEEKS to receive the free 5gb?

I’ve seen people say the average is eight day. NOPE.

I’ve seen someone say they received it at day 12. NOPE.

At this point I’m going to believe that I will get it at day 30. And at which point, I probably will not renew my plan. 

Please delete or move if this is inappropriate.

Sincerely,

Ran-Out-of-Monthly-One-GB-on-Week-One

@ra1ne hi it says in the promo rules you will receive within 30 days hopefully you will get yours sooner

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI @ra1ne ,

If all of this does not make sense to you and you want inquire check in with MODS, contact them. BUT i would wait until a day or two before your 1st renewal!

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.