cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFUND

Randy4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

We have three accounts that have been paid up until today and have had nothing but technical problems with our service since January 2019. Problems like no voice or text service for over a month, data has been intermittent etc. etc. - have sent several emails to moderators and had one reply during this time, no answers to my questions or solutions. Our equipment is working perfectly, however Public Mobile is not working as a provider or trying to find solutions. Unfortunately I have no choice but to find another provider that can actually provide real service. I deserve a refund for at least that last month. Who do I contact for a refund ?

Randy

16 REPLIES 16

v2131111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Gregmt wrote:

Your Public Mobile account is active for 99 days of last payment. This means that if you want to port your phone number to another provider , you have 90 days from the time your service was suspended at Public Mobile due to insufficient funds. 

Cheers . 

It doesn't work this way for Public Mobile and Koodo Prepaid. You can only port your number out while you are in active Paid Status.  However every other Prepaid you can port out up to 6 months after your Prepaid Balance Expired.

FYI: Telus is 90 Days, Bell is 120 Days, Lucky Mobile is 180 days, Rogers & Fido is 180 Days & Chatr is also 180 days but it's changing to 90 days as of Mid to late June 2019

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your Public Mobile account is active for 99 days of last payment. This means that if you want to port your phone number to another provider , you have 90 days from the time your service was suspended at Public Mobile due to insufficient funds. 

Cheers . 

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Randy4 you should definitely file a formal complaint with CCTS. It takes 5 minutes, can be done online or over the phone.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

@Roger3 wrote:

Since wireless telecommunications are delivered by radio waves, they are subject to factors that cannot reasonably be controlled.

@Roger3 this has nothing to do with radio waves. Bell customers are not impacted and they're using the exact same radio waves.

Marzipan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It sounds like OP is looking for compensation for poor service rather than a refund. Mods will solve the issues and rather than give compensation. As far as I know everyone posting here had their issues resolved ... eventually. OP will also get his/hers resolved with courtesy and patience.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If all your plans are due today, you likely won't be able to port out the numbers in time. Your best bet would be to swtich all three accounts to the $10 plan and pay for that. Then switch the numbers out. Otherwise if you are not fond of your current numbers, there is no need to renew.

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

well said!

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is unfortunate that you have issues with your services, but it is not limited to PM only.

I will try to help some confusion on this subject of getting refund and quality of service. We all agreed to PM’s Service Terms and according to Service Terms:

Since wireless telecommunications are delivered by radio waves, they are subject to factors that cannot reasonably be controlled. For this reason, Public Mobile does not guarantee timely, secure, error-free or uninterrupted service or that you will always receive your messages or data. To the extent permitted by law, legal warranties and conditions (implied or statutory) do not apply to the service.

Further, as per the Service Terms, there is no refund. Please see the extract from Service Terms: Prepaid service credits are non-refundable

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Prepaid service is not an excuse for poor quality service. 

@will13am agreed, BUT, if you read the terms of service, PM is not required to give any compensation in the event of system issues that lead to temporary loss of service.  

I realize the terms of service contains all sorts of disclaimers.  I would be totally comfortable that the CCTS/CRTC would not take persistent outages over the past couple of months as being covered by CYA clauses.    

@Randy4 wrote:

Thanks for the tip regarding porting numbers - does this mean a paid up active account ? I really don't want to throw any more money into this money pit.

Randy

@Randy4  Yes, active means paid up.

Randy4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the tip regarding porting numbers - does this mean a paid up active account ? I really don't want to throw any more money into this money pit.

Randy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Prepaid service is not an excuse for poor quality service. 

@will13am agreed, BUT, if you read the terms of service, PM is not required to give any compensation in the event of system issues that lead to temporary loss of service.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@RobertQc wrote:

@Randy4 wrote:

Hello,

We have three accounts that have been paid up until today and have had nothing but technical problems with our service since January 2019. Problems like no voice or text service for over a month, data has been intermittent etc. etc. - have sent several emails to moderators and had one reply during this time, no answers to my questions or solutions. Our equipment is working perfectly, however Public Mobile is not working as a provider or trying to find solutions. Unfortunately I have no choice but to find another provider that can actually provide real service. I deserve a refund for at least that last month. Who do I contact for a refund ?

Randy

@Randy4  As this is a pre-paid service there is no guarantee you will receive a refund. You will have to contact the moderator team directly, typically moderators do not peruse here on the forum they are busy answering private messages  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT). It typically should be within 48 hours.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Robert, seeking refund for poor quality service is not the same as seeking a refund because you decided to get something else.  Prepaid service is not an excuse for poor quality service. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Randy4 wrote:

Hello,

Randy

@Randy4  Just a friendly reminder you want to be able to port you numbers out to another provider your accounts must remain active.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Randy4 wrote:

Hello,

Randy

@Randy4  As this is a pre-paid service there is no guarantee you will receive a refund. You will have to contact the moderator team directly, typically moderators do not peruse here on the forum they are busy answering private messages  Click this to send them a message

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT). It typically should be within 48 hours.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Randy4, to obtain a refund for poor service, you will need to take it up with the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

In the event that the moderator team are not able to deliver, the next recourse is the CCTS.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

Need Help? Let's chat.