cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RATES FOR INTERNATIONAL CALL

akattijnr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello noble members,  how do I determine the call rate to international, to Ghana to be precise?

9 REPLIES 9

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kselmak wrote:

@sulagok wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@sulagokFor Nigeria you will have to upgrade to Koodo to get it.

Yes @GinYVR , but I ported from koodo and no regrets. Got a much cheaper and better solution for calling Nigeria already 

So what did you go with for long distance? (if you don't mind sharing)

Thanks

I initially use HotVoip which ranges from USD 0.05 to 0.07 per min. But now I use smile voice which charges the rate of calling in Nigeria /sec. This is actually a sim card in Nigeria, but with capability of using thier app if you're outside of Nigeria and still charges local rate.

@sulagok wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

Yes @GinYVR , but I ported from koodo and no regrets. Got a much cheaper and better solution for calling Nigeria already 

So what did you go with for long distance? (if you don't mind sharing)

Thanks

sulagok

@GinYVR wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I highly recommend betamax

There are lots of providers and you can compare the prices for countries

Some have 120 free days where you get up to 300/week minutes for free to certain countries for up to 120 days then you start using the balance.

I've been using various providers like nononh and Hotvoip for over a decade.

They have apps or call in numbers or even phone to phone service right out of the web

http://progx.ch/PROGX_WEB/UK/comparator.awp

You can compare fees here some have no fees

http://progx.ch/PROGX_WEB/UK/fee.awp

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try using a long distance calling card or use Wi-Fi apps like Fongo, Skype, or textnow.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

there is only one add on for international besides U.S. Ghana is not included sorry

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

These are the only countries you can call FROM Canada when you have the International Add-on.... Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Go down to your nearest 7-11, or Canada Tire and get a Long Distance Calling Card. There's many other retailers that sell them as well.

Good luck.

sulagok

Hi, I once inquire from the moderators for call to Nigeria too, the response is as below;

Hi Smiley Happy
Thank you for reaching out to us!

I am sorry to read about your situation and I will be more than happy to assist you Smiley Happy

Unfortunately Nigeria is not on the list of 18 Long Distance countries

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/m...

Please let me know If you have any other concern

I wish you an excellent day!

Need Help? Let's chat.