cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Data Details and Plan Minutes

Bethn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey folks.. just getting started with PM. 

I've got the $15 plan with a wee amount of data. I've never had a data plan before, when it's gone will the service cutoff or will I be billed for overages? Does data need to be turned on to recieve picture messages via text? (Does this consume data)

Had very bad experiences with other 'prepaid' services incurring large amounts of data when it was supposed to be turned off, then auto charging to my credit card.. racking up a very large bill unbeknownst to me.

Same question for minutes, after the plan minutes are used up, will the service cut off or will it begin charging me a per minute rate? I read that voicemail calls deduct from in plan minutes, which is expected, however I assume this means that if my minutes are used up I will no longer be able to check my voicemail?

Thanks much, smooth switch over so far, fingers crossed. 

4 REPLIES 4

HelpYEG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You won't be able to make any calls after 100 minutes. However, you would be able to receive calls.  You could make calls by using Data on Fongo or gVoice app to any Canada and US number.

You could add extra data in Self Seve if you need more.

Hope it's helpful.

Cheers!!

Bethn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Perfect! Thank you. Looks like a much better system.

Just need to figure out how to setup my voicemail then, will browse some of the old threads. 

Edit: voicemail setup! Easy as dialing '1'

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Bethn with public mobile there's no overage, after you paid for it and used it all its cut off. 

Data needs to be on for picture messages but it doesn't count towards your 250mb.  You can restrict your apps from using cellular data and just let phone us it for mms.   As for minutes it's the same,  once you use your 100 outgoing minutes you won't be able to make a call. A great add one for that pla  is the 500 minutes 5$ add on so then it uses those if you're over your 100 minutes and they will roll over every month until used up!  Welcome to public mobile 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bethn 

Welcome to Public mobile.  

No overages or suprise charges with PM.  If you ran out of data or minutes, it just stops working.  No extra charges at all.  

Picture messaging (MMS) needs to have data turned on.  It will show up in your usage, but will not count for your data allotment.  

You can still check your voice mail from another line (mobile or landline).  Just need to know your VM password.

Consider purchasing the $5 - 500 talk minutes add on.  Unused minutes will roll over to next month.  

Need Help? Let's chat.