cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question regarding due date - what my SelfServe screen shows is quite confusing

I activated my Public Mobile connection on May 18 at a nearby Walmart. While I am not too worried because Auto-pay is enabled, I still couldn't help but notice two things (apposite screenshots attached). 

 

I know I need to pay before June 18, and hence due date should be June 17. But why does it show June 16 in the account homepage at two different places (underlined in red)? 

 

Payment due date: June 16 (at two places)Payment due date: June 16 (at two places)Payment due date: June 17Payment due date: June 17

 

Has anyone else experienced such discrepancy? 


Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Question regarding due date - what my SelfServe screen shows is quite confusing

@karthiks 

Public mobile billing can be confusing at times.  Don't forget that the billing cycle is every 30 days.  Not same day every month.  

 

June 17 is the day when your plan will expire if no funds in your account.  June 16 late evening to midnight is when the funds will be taked out from autopay.  

 

View solution in original post


All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Question regarding due date - what my SelfServe screen shows is quite confusing

@karthiks 

Public mobile billing can be confusing at times.  Don't forget that the billing cycle is every 30 days.  Not same day every month.  

 

June 17 is the day when your plan will expire if no funds in your account.  June 16 late evening to midnight is when the funds will be taked out from autopay.  

 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Question regarding due date - what my SelfServe screen shows is quite confusing

@karthiks  Nothing to worry about all the dates are correct. As long as both dates on your first screen are correct and match then you will not have any issues.


The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:
1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight on your renewal date.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary)*.
3. In the early hours (2:00 - 3:00 ), if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AutoPay credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

 

* During your renewal date if your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

 

 

Re: Question regarding due date - what my SelfServe screen shows is quite confusing


@karthiks wrote:

I activated my Public Mobile connection on May 18 at a nearby Walmart. While I am not too worried because Auto-pay is enabled, I still couldn't help but notice two things (apposite screenshots attached).

 

I know I need to pay before June 18, and hence due date should be June 17. But why does it show June 16 in the account homepage at two different places (underlined in red)? 

 

Payment due date: June 16 (at two places)Payment due date: June 16 (at two places)Payment due date: June 17Payment due date: June 17

 

Has anyone else experience such discrepancy? 


As Dunkman was saying, the dates you aee being shown are correct (30 day plan cycles).  Also, no matter what time you activated on May 18, that partial day gets charged as a full day of service.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Question regarding due date - what my SelfServe screen shows is quite confusing


@geopublic wrote:

@karthiks  Nothing to worry about all the dates are correct. As long as both dates on your first screen are correct and match then you will not have any issues.


The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:
1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight on your renewal date.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary)*.
3. In the early hours (2:00 - 3:00 ), if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AutoPay credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

 

* During your renewal date if your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

 

 


Oh, gotcha!

 

Thank you, @geopublic and @computergeek541.

Highlighted

Re: Question regarding due date - what my SelfServe screen shows is quite confusing


@karthiks wrote:

 due date should indeed be June 17 (that's 30 days from May 18). 

 

 So, in that case, due date for the newer cycle will be July 16 and auto-pay will do its thing on July 15. And so on...? Would that be correct, then. 


Yes, June 17 is 30 days from May 18.  However, you need to pay for May 18 as the first day.  Therefore, June 16 is the last day that you've already paid for.

 

For this renewal, you will be paying for June 17 until July 16.  Then, it will be July 17 until August 15,  August 16 until September 14,  etc.  You need to pay for each plan cycle before the plan can renew.

 

For the July renewal, you've miscounted 30 days.  

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Question regarding due date - what my SelfServe screen shows is quite confusing


@computergeek541 wrote:

@karthiks wrote:

 due date should indeed be June 17 (that's 30 days from May 18). 

 

 So, in that case, due date for the newer cycle will be July 16 and auto-pay will do its thing on July 15. And so on...? Would that be correct, then. 


Yes, June 17 is 30 days from May 18.  However, you need to pay for May 18 as the first day.  Therefore, June 16 is the last day that you've already paid for.

 

For this renewal, you will be paying for June 17 until July 16.  Then, it will be July 17 until August 15,  August 16 until September 14,  etc.  You need to pay for each plan cycle before the plan can renew.

 

For the July renewal, you've miscounted 30 days.  


Got it now. Thank you very much, @computergeek541.