cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding AutoPay and US roaming add-on

ve7rhf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We plan a trip to the US and will add the 10 day US roaming add-on the day we leave. Our AutoPay renewal happens 4 days after that. I assume the 10 day add-on continues through the AutoPay renewal process until the 10 days is over. Is this correct?

6 REPLIES 6

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ve7rhf 

Recommendation: i highly suggest when you withdraw money for your add-on also load enough to cover your bill, if autopay fails you may have hard time getting help while away from home and your internet.

Have a safe trip

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ve7rhf wrote:

We plan a trip to the US and will add the 10 day US roaming add-on the day we leave. Our AutoPay renewal happens 4 days after that. I assume the 10 day add-on continues through the AutoPay renewal process until the 10 days is over. Is this correct?

@ve7rhf  Yes, that is correct. Your add-on is associated with your account and not your plan so it will expire on 11:59 EDT of day 10.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping wrote:

@ve7rhf wrote:

Your plan must be active before add-on to work.  Just let the autopay to renew your plan in 4 days.

I would add the funds to pay for my service before leaving and take autopay out of the equation.  From some of the posts here, autopay fails sometimes. Would hate to be in the US without service lol.

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ve7rhf wrote:

@ve7rhf Hello! your US Add-Ons does not affect your AutoPay for your basic plan. It will expire after 10 days. Add-ons work separately from your basic plan. Happy traveling!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ve7rhf wrote:

Your plan must be active before add-on to work.  Just let the autopay to renew your plan in 4 days.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ve7rhf wrote:

Yes the 10 day add-on will complete at the end of that period and your renewal cycle shouldn't affect that.

Edit:  Make sure to buy the US roaming as close to your departure as possible as the clock starts immediately on it, ie: if you purchase it at 10 pm then at midnight that will be counted as one day of the roaming package.

Need Help? Let's chat.