cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Flash Sale, SIM free or not?

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi,

Got the email announcement of the Flash Sale, the English text reads "Get your next 30 days of service for $0!", while the French text says "Obtenez une carte SIM et 30 jours de service à 0 $!". My French isn't that great, but I think that roughly translates to "Get a SIM card and 30 days of service at $0....

So, which is it, is the SIM free or not? (Or is only free if you speak French Smiley Happy ?)

Since it the email went out as an offer in both languages, doesn't the better of the two have to be honoured?

35 REPLIES 35

FrankEnns
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went to Walmart to get a sim card because of the flash sale going right now but I had to pay the $10 for the sim card still

JaK

@Triguy wrote:

You need to purchase a sim which is $10.  You get reimbursed the plan cost for the first month.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-next-30-days-of-ser...

Hi @Triguy , I did read the annoucement and noted that it said nothing about the free SIM as offered in email in French, which is precisely why I asked the question....

I think this was a translation screwup on the part of Public Mobile, they didn't mean to offer the free SIM, but they did in French so now they should honour it for anybody who actives in this period with a paid SIM. As such, I don't think this is something that the community can solve, it needs input from the moderators @CS_Agent 

JaK

@Jb456 wrote:

Walmart offering free sim with activation ( free sim deal expires the 18th I think)

Be sure to get a friend's referral code so you can get the referral bonus. If you don't know someone on PM I could give you my referral code (mods not sure if it's allowed to offer referral code please edit my post if it's not allowed)

Thanks @Jb456 for your reply. I already knew about the Walmart deal, but others might not have so that is useful. However it doesn't really answer my question in the general case of if you paid for your SIM.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You need to purchase a sim which is $10.  You get reimbursed the plan cost for the first month.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-next-30-days-of-ser...

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Walmart offering free sim with activation ( free sim deal expires the 18th I think)

Be sure to get a friend's referral code so you can get the referral bonus.

Edited by SD08:  Offer of referral code deleted

Need Help? Let's chat.