cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on 2 GB Promo

martymendes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

This may be a silly question but I'll ask it anyway. If I activate on a $35 plan and then downgrade to the $25, which is the one that suits my needs, would I keep the 2GB bonus? Is it 2GB once, or 2GB every 30 days?? The wording is not very clear on the promo. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@martymendes : It all depends on your risk tolerance. Regulars know that some official statements don't happen. If you can tolerate the risk of losing it after enjoying 5gb for 30 days then there it is. But if it happens that it stays then there you go.

If you can't tolerate it then either keep getting the $35 or just get the $25 that you think you only need.

This is why I like the add-ons here. They stay on and only get used when needed. Pay the minimum obligation base plan that you really need and use add-ons for any overages you might incur.

modugnot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey.

I just got the $35 plan with the 2GB promo. As far as I can see in my account, it's 2GB extra every 30 days unlimited. Your question is a good one as I was thinking the same thing if I don't use up all the data on my current plan. However, seeing as you'd be changing to a new plan, things would probably reset (and correct me if I am wrong) meaning that the 2GB extra would no longer be there as a bonus. If it did stick... I would assume that many people would purchase and switch.

T.

@martymendes 

As a general rule even when the terms and condtions say you will lose the promo most users will find that if they change plans the following happens:

1. Bonus 2gb data add ons stay on the account.
  2. Bonus 2gb plan data is lost.

So you must decide if you would rather have an extra 4gb of data for $10 or stay within the 1gb that comes with the $25 plan. You could always activate with the promocode on the $35 plan. See what your usage is and schedule a plan change on next renewal if you just don't need the extra data. You never know maybe it will stay....stranger things have happened. But at least you have the choice rather than activating on the $25 plan and discovering that you use more data than expected.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@martymendes...

If you later downgrade plans...you'll lose the bonus data.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@martymendes 

The present 2GB data promo is a monthly reoccurring 2 GB data add on.

However, if you change plans, you lose your promo add on.  according to terms and conditions of promo. 

Need Help? Let's chat.