cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about long distance in Canada

marywaterman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With the prepaid base plans, I want to make sure I"m understanding it correctly. I can make and receive calls within my province. If I want to make a call from my home province to another province I need a top up of long distance mins. But, If someone from a different province calls me (while I'm in my home provice) that's also free. Do I have this right?

7 REPLIES 7

Ok thanks for the information..I will change it. @mimmo

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux this info is now incorrect

On provincial plans  you can receive calls no matter which province you are in.

@Lieux wrote:

@marywaterman the official PM stance on incoming calls on province wide, outside of your home province, without a long distance plan is, NO calls will be received. But in your home province it will be OK...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@marywaterman wrote:

With the prepaid base plans, I want to make sure I"m understanding it correctly. I can make and receive calls within my province. If I want to make a call from my home province to another province I need a top up of long distance mins. But, If someone from a different province calls me (while I'm in my home provice) that's also free. Do I have this right?

@marywaterman, Anywhere in Canada you can receive calls with your base calling plan.  While in your home Province say (BC as an example) if you were to call ON you would need a LD addon but they can call you no issue (long distance for them).  Now if you travel to ON you would be able to call ON  without a LD addon but would need to put a ! in front of the number but to call back to BC you would need a LD addon.  

In all honesty if you are looking at a new plan with PM the 3G (LTE lite) data is very reliable and will be more than suitable for a majority of the users and most of those plans have Canada Wide calling now.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@marywaterman wrote:

What you said is correct if you have a Plan with Province wide calling. If you are on a Plan with Canada Wide Calling then you can call from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in Canada. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

In Canada, the caller pay the long distance cost.  There is no long distance charge for the  person who receives the call. 

Since you have Canada wide plan, your call to any where in Canada will be covered.  The people who are calling you depending on what type of plan they have.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle
Also just a reminder that there are no overage charges at Public Mobile - if you don't pay for it upfront you can't use it, and if you reach the limit of your prepaid feature(s) it just stops working until your renewal date or until you buy an according add-on (no text add-ons available at this time, and to use a talk add-on your base plan needs to include a talk feature) @marywaterman

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@marywaterman with a provincial plan you can receive any calls and it doesn't matter the province where you are.

Need Help? Let's chat.