cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about getting a new phone

kapukanan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Public Community, 

I am a Public subscriber, my phone died and I need to buy a new, used phone from Public.  Do I need to migrate my number to the new phone and do I need to buy a new SIM card?  I"m not tech savvy.  Thank you, Kapukanan

6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous wrote:

@kapukanan 

when you purchase phone from public mobile they give a Free new SIM card ...

You can use the "triple punch" plastic spacers from this SIM card with any other SIM card, if you need to resize the physical form factor upwards.

All (or almost all) phones and devices these days (over at least the last half decade) only use the 4FF "Nano" form factor for physical SIM cards. The larger "Full", "Mini", and "Micro" sizes are already basically obsolete, only included for back-compatibility purposes. SIM card compatibility is basically a non-issue these days, unless the device only supports (MFF1 or MFF2) eSIMs, or is intended for foreign markets which use different types of SIM cards and form factors.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kapukanan 

The old SIM should work right away if the phone is unlocked.

Click on a free SIM when you are getting a new refurbished phone from PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kapukanan : Lots of other places to buy used phones too. Your SIM is likely the so-called tri-punch type where you can carefully snap out the smaller size from a larger frame. Or re-snap it into the larger frame if you still have the parts. If you don't have the parts then any retailer would likely be able to give them to you. But you would likely be going from larger to smaller if not both the same so shouldn't be a problem.

Yes all you need to do is move the SIM over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kapukanan 

when you purchase phone from public mobile they give a Free new SIM card, you can save it for spare,and your old SIM card try it if is work with new phone is fine just put it,

for purchase visit Here link ....

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kapukanan if you still have the SIM card, then likely you can pop your current sim onto the new phone.  as long as the size fits 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It depends on your current sim.  Most new phones use a nano SIM.  If you have one that is the same size then you just need to remove it from your old phone over to your new one.  If you have a different sized sim then you would punch out a nano sized one from your new sim and then log into your account to change the sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.