cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about auto-pay

joefresh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm on a monthly plan and haven't registered for auto-pay, however I have enough balance in my account to renew the current plan for the next month. In this case, will the plan auto-renew drawing funds from my account balance? If so, is there any way to stop it from auto-renewing and let it expire instead? I'm going to be out of country for the next couple of months and would rather let the current plan expire at the end of the cycle and reactivate it upon my return.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

This sounds like a browser issue, or possibly a saved form filling process you've set up.

Clear your cache, cookies, use private browsing mode.

TorontoGal

Hi there, I am registered on autopay and I have PM Cedric to get some solution yesterday and have not heard back yet. I want to change my visa card that is on autopay and it inst allowing me to do that. 

I removed the current card, it said it is removed and then i logged back in to register the new card, and the OLD CARD IS STILL THERE. 

Please help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@joefresh wrote:

Thanks for the information. I would have preferred a cleaner way to suspend service temporarily, but I think this would work. A couple more questions in this regard:

- Will I be able to reactivate service on the deactivated SIM or will I be required to buy a new SIM card (assuming it's done within 90 days)?

- After reporting the phone as found, I understand that I will be manually activating a new monthly plan to resume service. So the new monthly cycle will start from that date or will it be aligned/prorated with the original plan dates?

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

It's not deactivated...just suspended. After 90 days it deactivates and you lose your number and use of the SIM.

You start a new 30 day term. No prorating in the prepaid world.

@Anonymous, from what I have been told is that the sim is deactivated not just suspended

It's kinda semantics though isn't it? The fact that you can "find" it and get going again says suspended to me. Deactivated after 90 days in this context says dead to me.

Just using the terminology that a mod have to me. It starts the 90 day time upon that deactivation not when your plan maybe suspended for non payment.  I think all Sims can be deactivated for 90 days and reactivated as when I was with Jodi they told me I had the 90 gay period as well

Like I said...semantics. Maybe internally technically it's really a deactivation but that term also means something else. That would suggest then that it's actually a deactivation on suspension for non-payment. You can come back from that too. Everything's dead after 90 days though. But hey I'm no expert out standing in my field. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@joefresh wrote:

Thanks for the information. I would have preferred a cleaner way to suspend service temporarily, but I think this would work. A couple more questions in this regard:

- Will I be able to reactivate service on the deactivated SIM or will I be required to buy a new SIM card (assuming it's done within 90 days)?

- After reporting the phone as found, I understand that I will be manually activating a new monthly plan to resume service. So the new monthly cycle will start from that date or will it be aligned/prorated with the original plan dates?

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

It's not deactivated...just suspended. After 90 days it deactivates and you lose your number and use of the SIM.

@Anonymous, from what I have been told is that the sim is deactivated not just suspended

It's kinda semantics though isn't it? The fact that you can "find" it and get going again says suspended to me. Deactivated after 90 days in this context says dead to me.

Just using the terminology that a mod have to me. It starts the 90 day time upon that deactivation not when your plan maybe suspended for non payment.  I think all Sims can be deactivated for 90 days and reactivated as when I was with Jodi they told me I had the 90 gay period as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@joefresh wrote:

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

@Anonymous wrote:

@joefresh wrote:

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@joefresh wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Before you leave go into your self serve and report your phone Lost/Stolen.  That will deactivate your sim and prevent it from renewing with the funds you have in your Available Funds.  When you return you will need to log back in and report your phone found.  Remember you can't have your phone deactivated for more than 90 days so I wouldn't let it go past 85 days before reactivating.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

If you don't report your SIM as found within the 90 days of suspension your account will be deactivated (no access to it anymore), you loose your phone number and the SIM card is garbage. You would need to buy a new SIM and get a new number and account after that.

If you report your SIM found within the 90 day suspension period, you can renew on your previous plan or activate a new plan of your choice, on the SIM, valid 30 or 90 days starting the day of renewal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joefresh wrote:

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

joefresh

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Before you leave go into your self serve and report your phone Lost/Stolen.  That will deactivate your sim and prevent it from renewing with the funds you have in your Available Funds.  When you return you will need to log back in and report your phone found.  Remember you can't have your phone deactivated for more than 90 days so I wouldn't let it go past 85 days before reactivating.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@joefresh wrote:

Hello,

I'm on a monthly plan and haven't registered for auto-pay, however I have enough balance in my account to renew the current plan for the next month. In this case, will the plan auto-renew drawing funds from my account balance? If so, is there any way to stop it from auto-renewing and let it expire instead? I'm going to be out of country for the next couple of months and would rather let the current plan expire at the end of the cycle and reactivate it upon my return.

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.