cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Phone Number

Doug11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just activated a new sim and my province is BC but the number they gave me starts with 672. Is it possible to get a 604 number?

Kind Regards,

Doug 

6 REPLIES 6

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Doug11 Since you just activated, you are permitted to change your number right away and then the 30 days wait time activates. It is hard to find 604 number if you are from Lower Mainland. Some areas like Vancouver, you can't even get 778 number anymore. Try selecting different cities like New Westminster or Abbotsford and see if that gives you 604 or 778. Keep flipping between the two cities to refresh the list. Having a number from a different city then the one you reside, some people with local area calling might not be able to call you (ex Vancouver to Chilliwack). However, majority of people now a days have Canada Wide calling. 

@Doug11 wrote:

Hi,

I just activated a new sim and my province is BC but the number they gave me starts with 672. Is it possible to get a 604 number?

Kind Regards,

Doug 

There may very well be some Public Mobile phone numbers available with the area code of 604. However, that itself does not mean that it is phone number that is located in your desired city.  Which city are you looking for a phone number in?

Area code 604 phone numbers are going to be short supply for many places. Your best bet might be to port a number in from a different carrier after securing one of these numbers.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Doug11 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your help. How do I contact a mediator ?

@Doug11 hi is there anything we can help you with if it is an account issue you can contact a moderator  click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator       check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Doug11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Thank you for your help. How do I contact a mediator ?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Doug11 welcome to PM.  You can change your number once every 30 day cycle from within your self service account.  Try just after midnight eastern when they release the numbers. Keep cycling until you get one. Good luck. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.