cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing US minutes

Lynn-S
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Just getting started with Public Mobile and wondering about purchasing 1000 US minutes in my add-ons. I've purchased the add on (cost $15) and it is now indicating that I have $15 balance in my account, but I don't see the US minute add on in my account and I am getting a message when I try and call internationally that I don't have minutes. Please help! thx.

4 REPLIES 4

Also the 1000 minute US add on is for calling the USA (except for a few exclusions)  "from" Canada.  If you want to make calls while in USA you have to buy a different add on and it is time limited. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lynn-S 

Also just to distinguish the difference, there are two add-ons that cost $15 for calls that you appear to be referencing.

There is a 1000 minute US add-on for long distance calls made from Canada to the US.

And there is also a 300 minute International add-on for calls to many specified countries which do not include the US.

(Included countries:  Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lynn-S 

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re done.
  5. Some users have found that rebooting device is required afterwards.

@Lynn-S wrote:

Just getting started with Public Mobile and wondering about purchasing 1000 US minutes in my add-ons. I've purchased the add on (cost $15) and it is now indicating that I have $15 balance in my account, but I don't see the US minute add on in my account and I am getting a message when I try and call internationally that I don't have minutes. Please help! thx.

If someone goes thorugh the add-on purchase procedure without enough funds already in the Public Mobile account balance, the process only adds a top up to your account.  You need to go back and repeat the process to purchase the add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.