cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing SIM Card In-Person In Quebec

poorandunlucky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could someone tell me where I could buy a Public Mobile SIM card in-person in Quebec, in the Montreal area, please?

I'm pretty sure there are Public Mobile stores and/or kiosks around, I remember seeing them, but I can't find any in the store locator, and I can't remember of an exact location for any...

Thanks in advance for your time and your help!  : )

16 REPLIES 16

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not all Walmart locations carry SIM cards. I recently went to the Pointe-Claire location and they told me they don't sell SIM cards or Vouchers at this location. They wish they did as they often get people going there for such items. 

poorandunlucky

Alright well thanks you two.

I'll try Best Buy/Koodoo while I'm downtown, and if they don't have I'll either try Wow! Mobile, or go to Walmart, whichever is most convenient.

Thanks again.

tehowennathe

@RobertQc wrote:

@poorandunlucky wrote:

So essentially Koodoo and/or Best Buy should have Public Mobile SIM cards?

I don't know for sure, they say "koodo authorized dealers" which are them, but do call them to find out before you go and confirm

I live on the south shore and the Koodo location near me didn't sell it. They said it's select locations but that's all they new. They where no help at all.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@poorandunlucky 

In Montreal ..you can buy a sim card near that place that sells poutine and steamed hot dogs...😀👍

@poorandunlucky wrote:

I don't know for sure, they say "koodo authorized dealers" which are them, but do call them to find out before you go and confirm

poorandunlucky

@RobertQc wrote:

@poorandunlucky  Not sure about "koodo authorized dealers" but you can also call and see if any of these will help you

poorandunlucky

@RobertQc wrote:

@poorandunlucky wrote:

My postal code is H#H 1N9, and The Mobile Shop, Wow! Mobile Boutique, London Drugs, and K Mobile aren't names that ring a bell, I don't think they operate in Quebec...If they do, it's most likely under a different name, because you can't have English-name stores here...  It's illegal.

If you blank out part of your postal code, it should be one of the last 2 digits, the 2nd number makes it too wide of a range to find out sorry.

Unless you held shift on the 3, and its actually H3H 1N9 lol

Yeah that was a 3.

tehowennathe

There are only 2 within the city. The rest are West Island suburbs or on the South Shore. Wow Boutique is mostly in malls. Other locations are on the North Shore in Laval and other areas. In the Montreal area it's limited.  

@tehowennathe wrote:

Wow Boutique has many Montreal locations. Try visiting https://www.wowmobile.ca/en/locations/ It shown me locarions near me and I live in Montreal.

approximately 2 in montreal?

@RobertQc wrote:

@poorandunlucky 

20/30 minutes away?

Give them a call, see if they sell the sims

tehowennathe

Wow Boutique has many Montreal locations. Try visiting https://www.wowmobile.ca/en/locations/ It shown me locarions near me and I live in Montreal.

@poorandunlucky  Not sure about "koodo authorized dealers" but you can also call and see if any of these will help you

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@poorandunlucky 

20/30 minutes away?

Give them a call, see if they sell the sims

@poorandunlucky wrote:

My postal code is H#H 1N9, and The Mobile Shop, Wow! Mobile Boutique, London Drugs, and K Mobile aren't names that ring a bell, I don't think they operate in Quebec...If they do, it's most likely under a different name, because you can't have English-name stores here...  It's illegal.

If you blank out part of your postal code, it should be one of the last 2 digits, the 2nd number makes it too wide of a range to find out sorry.

Unless you held shift on the 3, and its actually H3H 1N9 lol

poorandunlucky

@RobertQc wrote:

@poorandunlucky wrote:

Could someone tell me where I could buy a Public Mobile SIM card in-person in Quebec, in the Montreal area, please?

I'm pretty sure there are Public Mobile stores and/or kiosks around, I remember seeing them, but I can't find any in the store locator, and I can't remember of an exact location for any...

@poorandunluckyThere are no public mobile stores/ kiosks around yet. What is your postal code? I will see if I can find a store near you, otherwise see I tell people where to buy a sim below

WalMart There are over 400 WalMart locations across Canada. Find the store closest to you by clicking here. (Sometimes walmart is selective about who they sell the sim card to, be warned, you may not get one here)

The Mobile Shop. There are nearly 200 The Mobile Shop locations across Canada, located in places like Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore. Find the store closest to you by clicking here.

Wow! Mobile boutique. Not very many but in a lot of major cities. Find the closest to you by clicking here.

London Drugs operates 80 locations across 35 major markets. Check here to see if there is a location close to you Click here

K Mobile has 21 stores, see if one is close to you Click Here!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Other stores, resell public mobile services/sim cards, but its not a public mobile store.

Public mobile plans to in the very near future have kiosks, but not currently .

Please see this article

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Special-Announcement-Revealed/m-p/33148...

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@poorandunlucky wrote:

@poorandunluckyThere are no public mobile stores/ kiosks around yet. What is your postal code? I will see if I can find a store near you, otherwise see I tell people where to buy a sim below

WalMart There are over 400 WalMart locations across Canada. Find the store closest to you by clicking here. (Sometimes walmart is selective about who they sell the sim card to, be warned, you may not get one here)

The Mobile Shop. There are nearly 200 The Mobile Shop locations across Canada, located in places like Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore. Find the store closest to you by clicking here.

Wow! Mobile boutique. Not very many but in a lot of major cities. Find the closest to you by clicking here.

London Drugs operates 80 locations across 35 major markets. Check here to see if there is a location close to you Click here

K Mobile has 21 stores, see if one is close to you Click Here!

Need Help? Let's chat.