cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased a $48 Payment Card ,but the value is not added when trying to enter

tabishgowhar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a $48 payment card from Walmart , and got a 12 digit pin.

But the payment card is not getting added onto the account , neither via *611 nor via online. 

Can you please recommend what can be done

17 REPLIES 17

@tabishgowhar wrote:

Freedom mobile is the most insensitive company ever ,I have send private messages daily for the last week , but nor is alivea replying , nor working on my request , nor providing the proper service.

Freedom mobile seems to work like an extortion company , only concerned about getting customers credit card details and their money.

These forums , these messages  seems like a joke.

I hpoe you realize that this isn't a Freedom Mobile website, nor is this discussion board/community focused on Freedom Mobile service issues.

I could see you typing the wrong company name once by mistake, but you did it twice in the same message.  So, I'm uncertain as to which company you are complaining about, or if there's some type of confusion about which company you signed up for.

tabishgowhar

The funds got added via the portal now.

Finally after 5 days .

I tried again and it went through.

tabishgowhar

An let public mobile call the credit card company since they have the voucher details , 

Or call the customer to applogize for their hassles .

A customer should not be begging one company , or another for getting his/her services working for which he has made the payment for .

In this case unfortunately to Public Mobile , who has more loops and technical glitches in their system and bunnies model , than the things that actually work.

tabishgowhar

What if I purchased a payment card of Public Mobile paying $48 plus taxes in CASH at Walmart .

What insurance will that be covered under ??

Insurance against theft / fraud ??

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The credit card companies have insurance built in for things like this as techonology does have it quirks from time to time. At least if you call the cerdit card company you made the purchase on , and they credit your credit account , then you are not out the money and can try once again. 

Cheers 

tabishgowhar

Why should I call the credit card company. Why should they have to act on the incompetency of Public Mobile .

I tried making a payment via the credit card but that too did not work .

I don't feel secure adding  my credit card details to the public mobile account for an authorized monthly payment.

The way their service and performance is , you never know what crap can happen with your account and finance .

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you have a Credit Card you can do a one time top up on line and then you will be able to have access to the funds without delay of top up cards/vouchers purchased at retailers. 

Also if you happened to purchase the $48 voucher from WalMart with on a visa /mastercard .credit card , most have purchase protection on them. If you cannot get the credit you bought on the $48 voucher then call the credit card company you purchased it on and let them know your situation and let them know you never received the good or service you purchased . Ask for a credit back to your credit card account for the $48 voucher you bought. 

Cheers 

tabishgowhar

Freedom mobile is the most insensitive company ever ,I have send private messages daily for the last week , but nor is alivea replying , nor working on my request , nor providing the proper service.

Freedom mobile seems to work like an extortion company , only concerned about getting customers credit card details and their money.

These forums , these messages  seems like a joke.

@computergeek541 wrote:

The delay is rather silly because I would imagine that many customer who purchase these vouchers may do so within the last day or two of the billing cycle that is about to end.  Because of this delay, these customers would be left without service through no fault of their own.  I would say that if customers need to use to vouchers to pay for plans to try to get them well before it is actually needed (and to apply it to the account immediately to avoid any possible lost/misplaced vouchers).

That or use intant top ups to directly load the amount to your account. It is available at "Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, MacEwen, and many more select independent retail partners."

tabishgowhar

Well  I have tried making the payment atleast 24 times using the credit card .

Everytime I am getting the below message . I reached out to my Bank , who said the card was not denied at their end .

Message is as follows : 

Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

tabishgowhar

He didn't specify any waiting period .

I asked if I could go ahead and use the 12 digit PIN provided at billing , and he had replied in affirmation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tabishgowhar, The voucher will work, eventually.  It might just take a day until it activates on the system.  Just try again every couple of hours.

BTW, what's wrong with CC payment?

tabishgowhar

So credit cards are not working for payments .

Nor are your vouchers working.

What do you want your  consumers to do.

It's so frustrating  .

And what will happen to the $48 +tax I paid to buy the voucher ?? 

The delay is rather silly because I would imagine that many customer who purchase these vouchers may do so within the last day or two of the billing cycle that is about to end.  Because of this delay, these customers would be left without service through no fault of their own.  I would say that if customers need to use to vouchers to pay for plans to try to get them well before it is actually needed (and to apply it to the account immediately to avoid any possible lost/misplaced vouchers).

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@tabishgowhar Many users had this issue lately. I think you need to wait 24-48 hours before redeeming the voucher. It is best to load your account with the real time vouchers. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tabishgowhar wrote:

But the payment card is not getting added onto the account , neither via *611 nor via online. 

You may need to wait a day or two before your PM topup voucher become active.

Did your WM cashier mentioned anything about wait time?

@tabishgowhar wrote:

Unfortunately, this isn't something that regular community members can fix for you.

We've sometimes seen a delay from the time that they vouchers are purchased to the time that they start working. This shouldn't happen, but does for some strange reason.

If you continue to have no luck, the only way to get this fixed will be to send a private message to Publci Mobile customer service.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.