cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Sim through public mobile(2017).Did not go through with activating then.Can I activate now

NavO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Subject says it all

Purchased sim online through public mobile directly in 2017 but did not go through with porting number to public mobile then.

Wanting to switch to public mobile now - found the sim fully sealed in envelope- would it still work if I want to port my number over to public mobile now? 

11 REPLIES 11

@Jonas wrote:

Yes it will work just activate it through the public mobile webpage. You will just need the sim number. You will also be able to transfer your number during the sign up.

This question was answered more than two days earlier. I know you're new, so please try to go through a thread before replying to avoid giving the same answer.

Jonas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes it will work just activate it through the public mobile webpage. You will just need the sim number. You will also be able to transfer your number during the sign up.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I bought mine off amazon...comes pretty quick, and I think it was actually cheaper (only $8.99 instead of $10).  London Drugs sells them too, I'm pretty sure they don't force you to activate it there.

@NavO wrote:

Thanks everyone. I will need at least one other sim to activate my wife's line. I read Walmart only gives you a sim if you activate a line through them. 

Any local retailers in Alberta that allow purchasing sim only without any strings attached? Looking to buy sim on it's own and ideally locally instead of online

@NavO  If you have Amazon Prime they also sell them. Get your sim up and running so that you can use your referral code when signing up your spouse.

@NavO the Wal-Mart free SIM during activation was for a limited time. Ask them if its still available before you activate with them.

Walmart will sell it

If you want to activate in the store it may be free (call and ask before you go)

You can use your referral in the store as well

Do you have London drugs close by?

They had promo recently they were giving some extra data, give them a call and ask.

They all are no strings attached,  just sometimes you must activate in the store to get a deal. You still get to use your referral code in any store

NavO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone. I will need at least one other sim to activate my wife's line. I read Walmart only gives you a sim if you activate a line through them. 

Any local retailers in Alberta that allow purchasing sim only without any strings attached? Looking to buy sim on it's own and ideally locally instead of online

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @NavO 

You found the real treasure:)

There are some issues with porting numbers at the moment, everybody is implementing changes.

It's best if you open your account with the temporary number and once you are ready contact moderators and they will do it for you

Welcome back you public mobile

Correction

I was totally wrong, you will have no issues if you port during activation. If you chose to do it later you can contact moderators for help

Here is the link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-... 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@NavO wrote:

Subject says it all

Purchased sim online through public mobile directly in 2017 but did not go through with porting number to public mobile then.

Wanting to switch to public mobile now - found the sim fully sealed in envelope- would it still work if I want to port my number over to public mobile now? 

New non activated PM sim cards don't expire. :smileyhappy:

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yep, should still work, no problem.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@NavO as long as the SIM was not activated previously it should work now. Clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try to activate your SIM. Here is an article on activation  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up. And dont forget to use a referral code for a $10 one time credit. If you don't have one, ask someone here for theirs.

Need Help? Let's chat.