Omar1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need puk code 

my phone locked!

11 REPLIES 11

@AliBabba30 wrote:

I need help finding my puk number

Here is a post from @Luddite from this thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/puk-locked-sim/m-p/471458#M36904

Re: puk locked sim

@paulwooz What is the message?

The following should help to delineate the various PIN messages that can occur:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. As noted by @Triguy Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Tags

@AliBabba30  if this is new activation contact your previous provider and ask them to unlock it for you.  They will ask for your imei number. Dial *#06# from your phone to get it.

If your phone is puke locked . Contact the moderators and ask them for it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

AliBabba30
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help finding my puk number

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Naepalm, you recently signed up your mom to Public Mobile, can you confirm with the PUK code is on the actual Public Mobile SIM card that you received in the mail? This could help future references and posts. 

I went through many sim cards and some in the past few weeks. There is never a PUK printed on these sim cards. The only numbers will see is the actual sim card number and a number along with another barcode that starts with 629. This is a UPC code and is identical for every Public Mobille sim card of this tri-cut variety.  This topic has been brought up in the past and the myth of PUK being provided with the Public Mobile sim cards has been debunked. The only way to get this code is to ask a moderator.

@Naepalm, you recently signed up your mom to Public Mobile, can you confirm with the PUK code is on the actual Public Mobile SIM card that you received in the mail? This could help future references and posts. 

@Naepalm wrote:

@Ronald44 if your phone is older than 2017 it will be locked to the current provider. Although the PUK code is SIM specific.

If you've still got the little pack that the SIM came in, check on the credit-card sized bit of plastic that the SIM snapped out from. The PUK Code is an eight digit number, and is usually printed on the back

I have seen this said repeatedly, but I have never seen a PUK printed on a sim card or its packaging. I will say with certainty that at least Public Mobile has never done this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ronald44 

Are you just starting up here with Public Mobile? Or have you been here for a bit and now you need a PUK?

If you're just starting up then you'll need to contact Virgin to get your iPhone 7 unlocked.

If you've managed to forget your PUK then you'll need to contact the moderators here.

Edit: beat again

@Ronald44  you can either contact Virgin or Apple if purchased in North America to get it unlocked. They will ask for your imei number. Dial *#06# from your phone to get it. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

@Ronald44 if your phone is older than 2017 it will be locked to the current provider. Although the PUK code is SIM specific.

If you've still got the little pack that the SIM came in, check on the credit-card sized bit of plastic that the SIM snapped out from. The PUK Code is an eight digit number, and is usually printed on the back

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Omar1 Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Who was you're old provider? You'll probably have to contact them to get your phone unlocked.

What kind of phone, @Omar1 ?

Need Help? Let's chat.