Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Puk

I need puk code 

my phone locked!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Puk

@Omar1 Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Who was you're old provider? You'll probably have to contact them to get your phone unlocked.

What kind of phone, @Omar1 ?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Omar1 Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

iPhone 7

Highlighted

Virgin 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Ronald44 if your phone is older than 2017 it will be locked to the current provider. Although the PUK code is SIM specific.

If you've still got the little pack that the SIM came in, check on the credit-card sized bit of plastic that the SIM snapped out from. The PUK Code is an eight digit number, and is usually printed on the back

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ronald44  you can either contact Virgin or Apple if purchased in North America to get it unlocked. They will ask for your imei number. Dial *#06# from your phone to get it. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Ronald44 

Are you just starting up here with Public Mobile? Or have you been here for a bit and now you need a PUK?

If you're just starting up then you'll need to contact Virgin to get your iPhone 7 unlocked.

If you've managed to forget your PUK then you'll need to contact the moderators here.

Edit: beat again

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm wrote:

@Ronald44 if your phone is older than 2017 it will be locked to the current provider. Although the PUK code is SIM specific.

If you've still got the little pack that the SIM came in, check on the credit-card sized bit of plastic that the SIM snapped out from. The PUK Code is an eight digit number, and is usually printed on the back

I have seen this said repeatedly, but I have never seen a PUK printed on a sim card or its packaging. I will say with certainty that at least Public Mobile has never done this.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naepalm, you recently signed up your mom to Public Mobile, can you confirm with the PUK code is on the actual Public Mobile SIM card that you received in the mail? This could help future references and posts.