Did you mean: 

Puk code

Madeline1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need to reset my sim and can’t remember the code. How do I get one

23 REPLIES 23

judypeat35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So does that mean you have to get a new SIM card, can you still keep your cell number 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite , @computergeek541 

Thanks guys. Notice my hedge words "could" and "try" and my warning.

As geopublic would say...noted.

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Madeline1 wrote:

I was changing my email address from a google gmail to another email and my phone got locked. I need to enter my puk code to unlock my SIM card. Anyone have any information what I do would be helpful

@Madeline1 

Wow. Changing an email address. I guess that's some kind of security measure.

You'll need to contact the moderators and they can give you the puk code.

You could try 1234 or 0000 but don't do that too often or you'll disable the SIM.

@Anonymous FYI: If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Another note about PUK: A PUK would never be 1234 or 0000. The PUK is longer number (as mentioned earlier) and is not guessable, isn't something that has been selected, and has no default that can be used on all sim cards.

The SIM card's PIN is always 1234 by default at Public Mobile. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Madeline1 wrote:

I was changing my email address from a google gmail to another email and my phone got locked. I need to enter my puk code to unlock my SIM card. Anyone have any information what I do would be helpful

@Madeline1 

You could try 1234 or 0000 but don't do that too often or you'll disable the SIM.

@Anonymous FYI: If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Madeline1 do not type in just any code it needs to be 8 numbers long. If you enter the PUK code wrong 10 times your sim will be permanently blocked. When you get the PUK code, be sure to keep the code, so if you ever get locked out again you don't have to ask the moderators for it again

Moderator help article:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Make a ticket and speak to SIMon by tapping on the ? icon on the bottom right. SIMon will give you suggested fixes and gather the correct information needed to create a ticket in the proper category. Pick the correct categories that suits your issues and then click "submit ticket/click me" to start a private message to the moderators.

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 9PM EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 9AM to 7PM PM EST

It usually takes 24 - 72 hours for a response.  They are currently short staffed so it may take longer.

@Madeline1 wrote:

i followed the direction and left a message with the moderator team. How long does it take to get a reply?

It could be a couple of minutes but usually within a  couple of hours.  In extreme heavy volume times it can take 48-72 hours

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Madeline1 wrote:

i followed the direction and left a message with the moderator team. How long does it take to get a reply?

@Madeline1 it usually takes between 2 to 48 hours

Madeline1

I did as requested and left a message with team. How long should it take to hear back. It said up to 48 hours. 

Madeline1

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a detailed explanation by one of the Oracle's Luddite. "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."  is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.   "SIM network unlock PIN"  is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.   “PIN unlock key (PUK)”  is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.  The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.  If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it. Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN. Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Madeline1

I was waiting to get a reply from where I posted the message

Madeline1

I got that resolved with a new phone. I was changing my google gmail account to a hotmail account and it asked me to enter a code to do this. I entered what I thought was the cod but this is the result. I did try switching my card to another phone but I get the same message there.

Madeline1

Puk code and new pin code emergency calls only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madeline1 

Did you not see the replies in The Lounge where you first posted?

Madeline1

Thank you. I sent a private message to the moderator_team. I am awaiting a reply. Don’tknow How long it will take.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Madeline1 hi you were having a hardware issue with your phone a couple of weeks ago what do you mean you want to reset your sim?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Madeline1 

Are you getting a specific message from your phone?  If so, what is the exact message?    There are different types of codes that may be needed for different circumstances.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Madeline1 Ask moderators for it: click on ? on bottom right of the page and follow directions to create a ticket.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Madeline1  contact the moderators to get the puk code. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe. 

@Madeline1 wrote:

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the ? icon (bottom right of your screen).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Madeline1 wrote:

@Madeline1 

Madeline1

Need Help? Let's chat.