cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile network not working

mohinder11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My public mobile network has not been working since 8PM December 4, 2020. I can not make or receive calls or messages. Data service is also off. 

8 REPLIES 8

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@mohinder11 , my co-worker came to this afternoon saying her phone is not registered with the network. She said the internet worked and had the wi-fi setting on. I don't know why, but, I turned the wi-fi off, and the phone worked. And then, I flipped the wi-fi settings back on, and the phone was still okay... weird. Try each setting, and turn it off, and see if it works. Do all the same time, and you won't know exactly what it was!

@mohinder11 wrote:

My public mobile network has not been working since 8PM December 4, 2020. I can not make or receive calls or messages. Data service is also off. 

I've been having strange things hapepning the last 2 days. Data has been extremely slow when it does work. In addition to the reports of Telus network issues recently, I also believe that there is something to those reports. When this type of thing happens, the LTE (3g plan) throttling falls off my account. That happened last time there was a widespread network issue, and last and yetserday, it also temporarily happened.

MorleyC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everything working with mine.

My renewal was today - maybe issue with renewal? Are you on auto-pay? Updated credit card ? 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The network is not down. Check your phone for issues

@mohinder11  Can you call 611? If not, pay attention to @esjliv 's post.

If you can login to your account, what is the Status?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost phone trick.

Just follow these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume Service

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the bubble on the bottom right corner.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @mohinder11 ,

Try removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it. Reboot.

ALSO:

Please check the last 4-digits of your SIM card and see if the match the 4 digits listed in you SELF SERVE account, under "Change Sim Card".

If they match great! Let's keep trouble shooting.

If they do not match, then someone has been fraudulent on your account. 😡

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@mohinder11 Login to your self-serve account and see the status of your account. When was your last renewal? Have you tried basic troubleshooting such as restarting your phone or try turning airplane mode off/on?

Need Help? Let's chat.