cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile in India

Hoodanitin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am currently in India , can anyone tell me how can i use or activate or add on the network so that my Public mobile Sim works here in india.

9 REPLIES 9

@ddeep91 Wow seriously! 3.50...crazy!

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can't use the PM sim in India.

However, you can get super cheap Simcard /plans in India.
Jio Offers 499Rupees(9$) for 56day pre-paid plan. You get to use 1.5GB data per day for 56 days!

If you are going to be staying there for less then a month then you can get the

28 days Plan which is Rupees199 ($3.50). You get 1.5GB per day for 28 days.

That was the plan I choose when I went on a trip there.
There are other companies you can get a sim card from as well. (Vodafone, Airtel).

Just google them and you can see all the plans they have.

They offer similar plans as well. Super cheap compare to Canadian plans.

Cheers!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hoodanitin A local plan is your best bet. Any plan outside of canada destroys anything here. I would suggest a data only plan and use fongo and text-now for calling. Data will be your best friend as you might find yourself not connected to WIFI that often in some parts of India. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM only offers roaming in the US.  You would need to purchase a local sim or Gigsky.  If you have access to wifi then you can use apps like Whatspp, Fongo, Skype or Textnow.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hoodanitin wrote:

Hi,

I am currently in India , can anyone tell me how can i use or activate or add on the network so that my Public mobile Sim works here in india.

To call back to Canada or US, consider using a free voip app like TextNow which uses wifi to call and text for gratis.

Alternative is to get a local sim card and a cheap plan .

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Impossible @Hoodanitin currently roaming is only supported in the US. Get a local SIM. Try adding the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts you should be able to call Canada and to the United States for free. Get a Canadian number. Use your Facebook login if its Canadian. Stay safe. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Hoodanitin 

Unfortunately, Public mobile does not support international roaming.  Your PM phone number will not work in India.  Only in the United States if you buy a 10 day roaming package.  

Need to buy a local SIM.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hoodanitin wrote:

Hi,

You can't / it won't.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Hoodanitin Hello public mobile only works while you are in Canada or the US with a roaming package you will have to buy local Sim while you are in India have a great day

Need Help? Let's chat.