cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile activation

Hmhajjar1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi : I have switched from Rogers to public mobile on 9 august 2020 , until now I can place calls but if someone calls me my phone won’t ring and goes to my old Rogers voice mail , I called Rogers they said that public mobile didn’t ask the transfer of my phone to public mobile I don’t understand what is going on ????

6 REPLIES 6

Kvee88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sometimes you have to call your old provider to get them to allow the number transfer 

Hmhajjar1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Hmhajjar1  put your Rogers sim card in your phone and check for a text from Rogers asking you to confirm the port.

@Hmhajjar1 do as @gpixel  suggests and resend your information. It appears that your request fell through the cracks. If you have problems with SiMon send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. Type " Port Request " in the subject message field and give them the name on the account,  number to port and your Rogers account number. 

- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. 

Welcome to PM stay safe.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hmhajjar1 , did you submit a port during the activation.  If not, that would explain it.  Another possibility is that port protection may have intervened.  It looks like pretty much all the carriers are using it now.  So you are contacted by your old service provider to confirm the port.  If you are not using the old service, you would not receive the notification.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Hmhajjar1 hi contact customer support mods here

type "port request"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.