cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public does not want to refund me!

ettorecamp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys

I am having a terrible experience with Public Mobile.

I have ordered a sim online already more than 15 days ago.

The sim never arrived as apparently there was a problem with Public and Canada Post.

I am simply asking for the refund of 10,50$ which is the price I paid for the sim card on the Public Mobile website.

• Since days I am texting with Moderators and they are trying all the possible ways to don't refund me! They literally driving me crazy, plus it was their mistake!

Can someone help me to solve this issue?

Such a bad experience with Public,.never again and I will discourage everyone I know to go with Public.

Horrible treatment and service...

15 REPLIES 15

@computergeek541 

It seems obvious that PM uses Amazon primarily because it allows them to minimize the bothersome hassles of figuring out all the inventory and shipping details themselves. The Amazon vendor web interface basically replaces a whole department, it automates reordering of sold stock, it also provides "in situ" storage in some centrally-located Amazon warehouse. And it redirects all customer requests for tracking/returns/etc to Amazon. PM gets to cut a few workers off their labour costs. No frills, less for less.

But the hidden price of outsourcing for convenience is total dependence.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

I think similar. But you would think speed is of the essence when some one has made the decision to start up or move to PM. You would think that this one step in the PM process would have a couriered package sent to customer. Put price back to $10 and courier. I was lucky because I was close to a no hassle London Drugs but others are not close to a retailer. And PM could get a good courier rate along with what Telus couriers and even the phones that PM sells could be couriered. OR make a deal with Amazon, once again for $10 and free delivery.....no Prime Membership and no $35 purchase limit. 

As a large company, Telus could definitely negotiate excellent rates with shipping companies. However, even if we take the example of Canada Post Xpresspost, the shipping costs would be more than the $10 price of the SIM card. Even we assume that Telus has a negotiated discount of 50% with Canada on Xpresspost shipments, it's still going to cost them more than $10 in some cases to send the SIM card.  When Public Mobile started using Canada Post lettermail some of the SIM card shipments, this was certainly a cost-cutting measure.

As for the idea of using Amazon but not having a $35 miniumum purchase for free shipping unless the customer is a Prime customer, that isn't possible unless Public Mobile arranges for the shipping and logistics themselves. If Public Mobile is then making the shipping arrangements, there would be little reason to be selling on Amazon.

@softech wrote:

.. i agree.. it's easy to blame Canada Post during Pandemic.  They made that claim in January and I don't see any improvement 6 months later.  

I have a feeling that PM does not fulfill SIM order daily.  They probably only deal with all SIM orders once every 2 weeks and they use regular mail and hence it usually takes 3 weeks or 4.

I think similar. But you would think speed is of the essence when some one has made the decision to start up or move to PM. You would think that this one step in the PM process would have a couriered package sent to customer. Put price back to $10 and courier. I was lucky because I was close to a no hassle London Drugs but others are not close to a retailer. And PM could get a good courier rate along with what Telus couriers and even the phones that PM sells could be couriered. OR make a deal with Amazon, once again for $10 and free delivery.....no Prime Membership and no $35 purchase limit. 

@ettorecamp 

Unfortunate that you've had this bad experience. Public Mobile is not that bad, really, for the most part. Most of us are loyal PM customers because of low-cost and reliable service.

But PM is not really on the ball with certain technical issues and certain logistics issues. They've run out of SIM cards before. They've been caught with insufficient supplies over and over again, overwhelmed by "unexpected" customer response to their promo offers. Plus, of course, anything handed off to a postal or shipping service is automatically out of their control.

PM generally does not issue refunds. And their Mods are basically just CSR-level reps who are unable to bypass whatever protocols and limitations are built into their terminals. If you want your ten bucks back then you'll probably have to be persistent, maybe even escalate - to the point where the payoff isn't even worth the effort (aside from the satisfaction of basic principle).

I think it's likely your PM SIM card will arrive - eventually. Or that, perhaps, it's somehow been intercepted (misplaced, stolen, etc) before you could retrieve it from your mailbox. Canada Post has always been sluggish and inefficient, and it could only be even worse than usual in these post-Covid days of embarrassingly broke and broken government.

If/when the PM SIM card does arrive, you might find it worth hanging onto until a good promo rolls around. Or maybe you can give/sell it to someone else.

Iheuzio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Contact Canada Post as soon as possible as your order might've been delivered to the wrong address or is lost somewhere.

6 months does seem like a long time, I am new to this and had bought this sim and had the ample opportunity to activate this in store, however for ordering these online it is quite possible either Canada Post messed up or Public Mobile did. However, you're probably best off talking with the main company, that being Telus. Since Public Mobile is a subsidiary of Telus, they should have the final say in the manner, however I don't know any means of contacting them, sorry and best of luck.

.. i agree.. it's easy to blame Canada Post during Pandemic.  They made that claim in January and I don't see any improvement 6 months later.  

I have a feeling that PM does not fulfill SIM order daily.  They probably only deal with all SIM orders once every 2 weeks and they use regular mail and hence it usually takes 3 weeks or 4.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@ettorecamp 

It is only 15 days, the normal delivery times is up to 3 weeks or more.

I would suggest you wait another week or so then try the moderator again if you have receive it yet.

It is Canada Post issue and not PM.

I should ask for a refund after 2 weeks when I don’t get stuff from AliExpress. LoL

If the buyer recently bought $10,50 which I don't understand what that means. But if recent I find blaming Canada Post to be a bogus comment. I have received over the last couple of weeks from CCS with in 5 working days. I think the problem lays in between receiving an order for a SIM and getting it to the Post Box. So who handles the order ticket, pick item and put in a stamped envelope. 

I would go with Amazon from Public Mobile as the supplier.

@ettorecamp 

If your experience so far has turned you off pm then seek a refund or do so thru your credit card. However pm usually waits 3 weeks before issuing a refund or credit. They do make a promise on delivery times and will either send you out a new one and credit your account once activated or suggest you purchase one from a local retailer and give you a credit for the late delivery on the original order of the sim card. Either way you do get a free sim card. But if you just want a refund period then I am sure they will issue one after three weeks without reciept of the sim card.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ettorecamp 

It is only 15 days, the normal delivery times is up to 3 weeks or more.

I would suggest you wait another week or so then try the moderator again if you have receive it yet.

It is Canada Post issue and not PM.

I should ask for a refund after 2 weeks when I don’t get stuff from AliExpress. LoL

@ettorecamp  Check local kiosk, if you activate with them, they might give you the SIM for free.  So, you are not paying extra for the SIM

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous said "you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team, only way to contact customer service by Moderator Team, to getting your refund."

Why would you tell the OP to do that when he/she clearly mentioned he/she already contacted the moderators and has had a bad experience with them.

Kindky stop with the copy paste responses

If you need SIM ASAP, try to get it from retail store (personal pick up). If PM's SIM ever arrives you can use it as spare (as suggested).

Another good place to get SIM is eBay. Look for Canadian seller...

If you do not get your SIM in 3-4 weeks time AND you paid by Credit Card, contact your bank and request stop payment and dispute charges. Let bank handle PM.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @ettorecamp ,

Well, there is not much we can do to help you get a refund, as only the Public Mobile representatives (Moderators) can do that.

I can tell you that this delivery time can be normal, so you are not the only one. Expect 3 weeks delivery, but always hope for sooner of course.

I understand it is a pain to wait so long when you just need a SIM card.

For the future, check out Amazon or these guys "https://canadiancellsupplies.com/" (whom I have used a few times and are currently 1/2 price from Public Mobile prices.

Hopefully the SIM arrives soon and you can start getting into smoother sailing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ettorecamp : Well...there's a $10 thing out in no man's land between shipper and receiver. We have read about upwards to 3 weeks to receive. I would go to a store and get one and then when this one finally arrives you'll have a spare on hand for referrals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team, only way to contact customer service by Moderator Team, to getting your refund.

I suggest you go to any Retail store and buy it NEW SIM card is better for you, and fast way

Where To Buy A SIM

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click here to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

when you buy it online is take a long time,to deliver,

or buy it online or in store visit HERE , or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

your welcome to Public Mobile 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.