cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile

Hailie25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attrive my cell phone I pay 50 plus taxa month for this service I been with u guys couple of years now and I say at the beginning was great but now this service sucks so much I can't text or call without having to use my data I suppose to have 10Gb but I lost like 8Gb it turn off I had no internet I want a refund on my data at least or something or Im canceling my service and go with a different company

13 REPLIES 13

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@t_p 

Thanks for catching that!

Made changes to my reply.

@hTideGnow wrote:

I don't know, " I can't text or call without having to use my data ",  isn't that OP means he/she cannot use text and call so he has to use data to do it, assuming he/she is using some  kind of VoIP solution or app like Whatssapp?

Plausible.

Edit: @Hailie25  Since you haven't provided any feedback, I assume you have contacted CS? If the issue is a SIM provisioning one, they'll be the only ones who can help you anyway.

I don't know, " I can't text or call without having to use my data ",  isn't that OP means he/she cannot use text and call so he has to use data to do it, assuming he/she is using some  kind of VoIP solution or app like Whatssapp?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Hailie25 

Texting doesn’t use up any data. Calling will use up your data.

Is your personal hotspot enabled?

Is your wifi disabled?

You can log into your Self Serve account to see when and what data was used.

Really?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hailie25 

Texting and calling doesn’t use up any data.

Is your personal hotspot enabled?

Is your wifi disabled?

You can log into your Self Serve account to see when and what data was used.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hailie25 wrote:

I attrive my cell phone I pay 50 plus taxa month for this service I been with u guys couple of years now and I say at the beginning was great but now this service sucks so much I can't text or call without having to use my data I suppose to have 10Gb but I lost like 8Gb it turn off I had no internet I want a refund on my data at least or something or Im canceling my service and go with a different company

@Hailie25 

Have you recently changed phones? Sometimes when switching to a new phone there are settings that can be set so that excess Data is not used unnecessarily.

Having WIFI setting enabled off can happen accidentally...it happened to me before. 😞

Check your Data History usage and see if there were significant usage days/times. Note, your Overview balance is LIVE, but the detail usage is delayed about 12 hours (so to see today's details may not be listed until tomorrow).

You can also check your phone's settings to see what apps could be using the majority of your data.

Tips here for managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Hailie25 

Did you use your phone as hotspot at some point?

That would really burn your data..

Can you post a screenshot of your data usage?

SMS and calls do not use data at all. Not even MMS but data has to be on in order for MMS to work.

Better check which app uses your data first before blaming PM.

@Hailie25 

1. Do you have an iPhone? If not what is the make and model of your phone?
  2. When did the issues with calling and texting start? Was it after your renewal?
  3. Where are you located?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Hailie25 

PM data tracker is usually accurate. Your phone can use data unexpectedly on the background. What does your data usage show in your self service account?  

Data is not required for talk and text. The exception is if you are using iMessage (for iPhone) or RCS message (for android). These services require wifi or data. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Hailie25 wrote:

h I can't text or call without having to use my data 

Which province and city you are at?

Also, what kind of phone you are using?

did you try to put your SIM on another phone?  It could also be a device issue.  Putting the SIM in another phone can test out if it is a device issue

Also, try to set your phone to 3G only and see if you get voice after that and see if data still work on 3G only

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hailie25 

when your data limit used, is will off until next renewal cycle

at public mobile Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

turn off background data...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hailie25 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.