cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile is a phone company. And it can't make phone calls

rwarren777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It took me 4 hours to get a very basic problem resolved, via a series of back-and-forth online messages, needing to wait for replies every time after sending a response. If we were on a live phone call it would have been resolved in 5 minutes. I spent all afternoon checking my computer for responses from the CSR. 4 hours of my entire day wasted for a simple issue that would have been 5 minutes if .... get this .... IF THE PHONE COMPANY WAS ABLE TO USE A PHONE. But Public Mobile... a phone company... is not able to make phone calls. Triple Derp. Do people shop at bakeries where the staff can not bake? Do people go to car dealerships owned by companies that can not manufacture cars? Do people engage the services of an accountant who can not process tax returns? Sigh. I'm new to Public Mobile and regretting it already but I don't have the time or patience to go through the process of switching to another provider so for now I'll put up with it and move elsewhere in the future.

35 REPLIES 35

rwarren777

Agreed

rwarren777

I disagree; the longer it takes a CSR to handle an inquiry the more they have to pay. If you were to see the number of back-and-forth online messages between myself and the CSR you would do a face-palm. They would have saved money by having the issue resolved promptly. And they would have impressed me. And they would have gotten referrals - I was going to refer my entire family and many friends. But now they'll get zero referrals. Additionally think about the waste of my time on a personal level. 4 hours? I needed to go back-and-forth literally all afternoon, replying to messages every so often. So I lost 4 hours of work time and wasted an entire afternoon, literally. That is unecessary.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rwarren777 PM never hide the fact that all support are online.   

some mobile has support on phone but I did have experience to get on hold for an hour..  talked to the support for another 30+ min .  For me, wait for message to come back without on hold on phone is not too bad.

Also the fact that the price is slightly cheaper to make up for the service difference 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rwarren777    That is the one of the drawbacks of dealing with a budget carrier that only offers "online support" which, to be fair, is mentioned on their webpages.  For that lack of support though, you get to save money over other providers, although I don't think this business model is suitable for everyone.  Stick with PM for a couple of months to see if the savings are worth the headaches (which are usually rare) but can occasionally pop up.

At least you're not locked into any long term contracts with PM outside of what you've prepaid for the 30 days and are free to go elsewhere anytime.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@rwarren777 

It's PM business decision to use only online support.

The low cost plans you're using are in part subsidized by the $$ they save by not using live people on the phone.

Note: Did you run your problem thru the community first? Oftentimes, other users could draw on the vast real life experience here to steer you in the right direction without having to go to Customer Support, and sometimes much faster. It takes a good description of your problem though and constant feedback to make it all work efficiently.

Need Help? Let's chat.