cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Survey

Weldorman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just received a request to fill out a survey on behalf of Public Mobile.  It looked legit, so I filled out the survey, omitting what I considered to be personal information (name, email, etc.) which I felt unneccessary in order to enter a contest.  After all, they contacted me by my phone number, which was also on the form, so contacting the winner wouldn't be difficult, since the number was already there.  Hopefully, this information IS going to PM.  I imagine I was contacted since I just recently joined PM, and many of the questions were why, when, who was your previous provider, and what was your startup experience.  I hope this won't be a regular occurrence, and if anyone has any concerns about this, please let me know.

This post is just a heads-up to new Public members.

12 REPLIES 12

@will13am wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

My new 'burner' account got the survey. My 3 yr old account did not (yet).

Most of the questions were around comparing PM to other providors and why and how you moved to PM.  

Existing customers never get any love, loyalty reward excepted. 

Well, I'm thinkin' it's gotta be a little more random than that, because I've only been here since the beginning of Dec., and I didn't get the survey..... just MAYBE it's for the really, REALLY new customers, instead of the merely new ones. 😉 

@will13am wrote:

And don't forget the two data gifts and the 400 minutes of International Calling gift.

AE_Collector

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cavemantoronto  @Weldorman  That's a good point! I gave the third party my name and email as requested. PM does not need my info again

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Weldorman wrote:

Just received a request to fill out a survey on behalf of Public Mobile.  It looked legit, so I filled out the survey, omitting what I considered to be personal information (name, email, etc.) which I felt unneccessary in order to enter a contest.  After all, they contacted me by my phone number, which was also on the form, so contacting the winner wouldn't be difficult, since the number was already there.  

The same argument can be used to say why ommit info. They already have it so why leave it out? The survey doesn't go to Public. They pay someone.  

Weldorman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to all of you who replied to my question.  Just thought it might have been of interest to new members to know this sort of a survey could show up, and to find out what others thought of it.

Thanks again!

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I received this survey a couple days after activating and the other 2 people I referred got it roughly in the same amount of time.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have never received any surveys.

@smp99 wrote:

Most of the questions were around comparing PM to other providors and why and how you moved to PM.  

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would not mind receiving this particular survey.  I have not had one in a while. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Weldorman wrote:

Just received a request to fill out a survey on behalf of Public Mobile.  It looked legit, so I filled out the survey, omitting what I considered to be personal information (name, email, etc.) which I felt unneccessary in order to enter a contest.  After all, they contacted me by my phone number, which was also on the form, so contacting the winner wouldn't be difficult, since the number was already there.  

The same argument can be used to say why ommit info. They already have it so why leave it out? The survey doesn't go to Public. They pay someone.  

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Weldorman  I received a survey as well and contacted mods to confirm that it is legit. Assuming you received the same survey

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Weldorman  My understanding is that those surveys are legit. 

Need Help? Let's chat.