cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Number not ported.

BigBoyJunior
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was previously on Virgin Mobile, however, when switching, I had 2 bills, one from public and one from virgin. Virgin said the phone number's port request was cancelled. I would like this issue fixed, as virgin said they would cancel my account when the number got properly ported. I would like this fixed immediately.

11 REPLIES 11

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BigBoyJunior wrote:

Alright so I contacted public, they said to contact virgin again, but to give a verbal confirmation to transfer over, and now public has to send me a confirmation.

Great to hear progress has been made on your issue 🙂

BigBoyJunior

Alright so I contacted public, they said to contact virgin again, but to give a verbal confirmation to transfer over, and now public has to send me a confirmation.

@BigBoyJunior wrote:

Also I have seem to lost the virgin sim card.

I can supply one if you need. 

@BigBoyJunior 

Where are you located? If you are in the Toronto area you can get a virgin sim card for $0.69 including shipping ( pick up price may vary) from Canadian Cell Supplies. Order it today you may get it as early as wednesday across country.....usually by friday for sure. If youre in Vancouver pm me I can help you out.

@XionBunny wrote:

@BigBoyJunior wrote:

Without it, you will not be able to authenticate the port, so that does complicate things.

you can try to call Virgin to see if you can put a comment on the system about yes to port.. but honest.. I doubt it.

A more normal way is to get a Virgin SIM .. usually $5, set the SIM back to your Virgin account so you can receive text and reply "Yes" for the porting to go through.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BigBoyJunior wrote:

Without it, you will not be able to authenticate the port, so that does complicate things.

BigBoyJunior

@BigBoyJunior wrote:

Its been about a month. I didn't see the text, as virgin usually gives me "free this and that" which I usually ignore. Would there be a way to regenerate the text?

Follow @computergeek541 instructions above.

BigBoyJunior

Its been about a month. I didn't see the text, as virgin usually gives me "free this and that" which I usually ignore. Would there be a way to regenerate the text?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@BigBoyJunior wrote:

I was previously on Virgin Mobile, however, when switching, I had 2 bills, one from public and one from virgin. Virgin said the phone number's port request was cancelled. I would like this issue fixed, as virgin said they would cancel my account when the number got properly ported. I would like this fixed immediately.

how long did you try to switch?  just today or has been long?

2 bills is normal.  Your PM bill is there when you activated.. it was activating with a new PM number.   Virgin  will still charging until they see the porting request and release your number, at that time, that account will be cancelled.

try to call the porting number as the other poster suggested.

Also, make sure you have a phone with the Virgin SIM inserted and turned on.  You need to wait for a text from Virgin (asking you if you are really leaving) and you need to reply with a YES for the porting to complete. 

Need Help? Let's chat.