cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Jerk around

ryder403
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went through the activation process, at the final step the window just sat there doing nothing then it finally said server crashed, i went back to re-activate now it says my sim is invalid. I cant log in either says my email address is invalid.

IS THERE AN ACTUAL TECH SUPPORT AT PUBLIC MOBILE???????????

IS THER AN ACTUAL PHONE NUMBER TO CALL???????????????????

WHO DO I COMPLAIN TO???? TELUS CRTC???

10 REPLIES 10

ryder403
got it, thanks!

@ryder403 

Great to hear that everything worked out for you. Could you click SOLVED?

@ryder403 wrote:

Ok, it works. Thanks for your help people.  Funny that I cant log in and I never received any emails regarding the new activation.

Good to know, now try clicking below to get login to self-serve in registered and in place, good luck!!!

Public Mobile - Register

ryder403

Ok, it works. Thanks for your help people.  Funny that I cant log in and I never received any emails regarding the new activation.

@ryder403 wrote:

I have tried 3 different devices to log on, doesn't work. I also ported a number so I cant take the old sim card out until i get text verification to approve. I also cannot sign in to the account I

created. Basically I have no clue if my account was created, or the number is being ported. where my personal, credit card info went. nothing

Check to see if your payment card has been charged.  If it has, then your activation has progressed far enough that you cannot start again from the beginning.  In this case, you need to initiate a support ticket by clicking on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage.  

@ryder403 wrote:

I have tried 3 different devices to log on, doesn't work. I also ported a number so I cant take the old sim card out until i get text verification to approve. I also cannot sign in to the account I

created. Basically I have no clue if my account was created, or the number is being ported. where my personal, credit card info went. nothing

You can place the PM SIM card in to see if services are working yet, if not, replace prior carrier's SIM card back in.

There is no guaranteeing you will receive a port-out confirmation text by them - it's simply best practice but you'd have to check with the other provider as to whether they WILL do this or not.   We did not get any text confirmations from other suppliers when we ported a few numbers over during the activation process in the past several months...

ryder403

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ryder403 :When activation errors happen such as what happened to you a server crash the first thing to do is determine if the activation was totally lost or partially completed our totally completed - if you didn't get any welcome email and if the SIM card doesn't work, try to activate again in an hour or so because the SIM is stuck in the error and needs time to be cleared.

If it still doesn't work after an hour that could mean a partial activation occurred and you'll have to contact moderator who can contact tech support for you, this is done via private message - there is no phone number.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ryder403 

Public Mobile is a completely on-line service platform for customers seeking a no-frills type of service.

There is no phone number for customer service.

If you require assistance with activation, click on below link:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

If you require customer service, reach out to Moderators by clicking here

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ryder403 wrote:

I went through the activation process, at the final step the window just sat there doing nothing then it finally said server crashed, i went back to re-activate now it says my sim is invalid. I cant log in either says my email address is invalid.

IS THERE AN ACTUAL TECH SUPPORT AT PUBLIC MOBILE???????????

IS THER AN ACTUAL PHONE NUMBER TO CALL???????????????????

WHO DO I COMPLAIN TO???? TELUS CRTC???

@ryder403   Clear your cache/cookies and use a browser with incognito/privacy mode enabled when retrying. 

How far did you get in the process of activating.  Try putting your SIM in your phone to see if the activation completed.  Does your CC show any pending charges from PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.